My New Home Defense Weapon

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My New Home Defense Weapon

I was in the market for a short, folding stock shotgun to keep in the office for emergencies and this is what i just sent a form 4 off for.
    [attachment=10581:super_shorty_870.jpg]

Not the picture of mine because it is still at the dealer but hopefully in 3-6 weeks I will have the paperwork back and can take delivery.
    Attached Files

Very nice....I have a BHO Limited Edition Plate interested in trades????
    " May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't" General George S.Patton

" Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading"

" The will to survive is not as important as the will to prevail...the answer to criminal aggression is retaliation" Lt. Col. Jeff Cooper

Comment

I don't think plates that size will fit in my skeet thrower.

Comment

That might be the coolest thing I've ever seen!
        "The two most powerful warriors are patience and time."
        Leo Tolstoy

Comment

I'd like to try that at least once.

Very nice. Very nice indeed.
          "Do the right thing even if it means dying like a dog when no one's there to see you do it." Vice Admiral James Stockdale, NAVY PILOT

"Honor, Integrity, Commitment to core values. When they become abstract concepts or "ideals", all is lost." Me.

"Character is doing the right thing, even when no one is looking." J.C. Watts

"I have never seen a projectile turn in flight and come back at the ship that fired it, I cannot however make that same statement regarding missiles." Me.

Deus lo vult! = "God wills it!"

Comment

I hate New Jersey ...We subjects can't own such beautiful things...
            "It's better to live one day as a lion, than one hundred years as a sheep", Old Roman Proverb.
            "For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know", Author Unknown.
            "Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war!", Shakespeare, Julius Ceaser, Act III, Scene I.

Comment

Well I will defiantly take some pics and give a range report once I get it.

Comment

Glad you brought this up, I picked up mine Dec 24th. Took 10 weeks to process the paperwork, the dealer said they have had a 400% increase of Class 3 AOW's since the election. Mine is on the Mossberg action.

I'll get some pics posted when I can. Shoots real nice, lots of noise and a decent fireball. Not as hard on the hands as I expected.

Don

Comment

Isn't that a Shorty? Made by CQB or something like that?
                  "O divine art of subtlety and secrecy! Through you we learn to be invisible, through you inaudible; and hence we can hold the enemy's fate in our hands." - Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

[quote]
                    Isn't that a Shorty? Made by CQB or something like that?[/b]
                    They are Serbu "Super Shorty" firearms. The work on mine is excellent, it is a factry barrel shortened and parkerized.

I did have one problem with it. The follower got stuck about halfway down the tube. I took off the barrel and the tube unscrewed easily from the frame. I found some machining debris in the tube which bound up the follower. A thorough cleaning, lube and reassembly fixed it. Nothing that bothered me, I will e-mail the manufacturer just as a courtesy.

Way too much fun.

Don

Comment

I did my class 3 on a LLC and that is supposed to be faster. The guy that is handling all my class three stuff said he was getting them back in about 6 weeks.

[quote]
                      Glad you brought this up, I picked up mine Dec 24th. Took 10 weeks to process the paperwork, the dealer said they have had a 400% increase of Class 3 AOW's since the election. Mine is on the Mossberg action.

I'll get some pics posted when I can. Shoots real nice, lots of noise and a decent fireball. Not as hard on the hands as I expected.

Don[/b]

Comment

[quote]
                        I did my class 3 on a LLC and that is supposed to be faster. The guy that is handling all my class three stuff said he was getting them back in about 6 weeks.

Good deal, hope it is fast. The sooner you can be scorching your knuckles. The muzzle is very near your forward hand.

One thing I never thought of is how easy it would be to get some part of your anatomy in front off the business end on these really short guns. Big need to review the safety rules is in order.

Don

Comment

NOW! That's what I call a house gun! SWEET!

Take care, flea
                          "with the patience of an oyster....I watch and wait"

Training the US, one shooter at a time.

http://www.centralvirginiatactical.com

Comment

I wonder if this will feed Aguila Minishells (http://www.the-armory.com/shopsite_s..._12ga_Min.html) and how many you can get in the tube.
                            These small shells may be a good fit for a short defense gun.

--Rootshot
                            "But thus do I counsel you, my friends: distrust all in whom the impulse to punish is powerful!" Friedrich Nietzsche, Also Sprach Zarathustra, Chapter 29

Comment

awesome much?

Comment

Working...
                              X