Domestic Mission For U.S. Troops?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Domestic Mission For U.S. Troops?

The military plans to use uniformed troops inside the U.S. in the event of domestic attacks.

Define Domestic Attacks??????????

http://shock.military.com/Shock/videos.do;...C=recruiting.nl
    In the Jungle, On the hunt, I am The Ghost in the Darkness

You know we should adopt the Isreali theory. Every student that graduates school, male and female, should spend a minimum of 2yrs in service. Maybe that would build a stonger nation. What's your thoughts?

Sound off!!
    John 3:16
    "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Romans 12:1-2
    Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God--this is your spiritual act of worship. [2] Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--his good, pleasing and perfect will.

If you find your self in a fair fight, your tactics suck!- Marine 1st Sergeant Jim Ryfinger

Comment

From my as well as probably 99.9% of veterans perspectives, I think it should be mandatory. It would instill traits in them that they will never be able to understand as a civilian. Plus the fact that they would have a whole new understanding of what it means to be free and what America is and stands for.
      Let them go to a few 3rd world ports around the world, then they will see first hand what its like to see how bad it can really be.
      If we don't stand up for our rights, it can get that way real quick.
      In the Jungle, On the hunt, I am The Ghost in the Darkness

Comment

With you 100%. I worked in Israel for 12 years and the process instills incredible pride and most importantly matures their young adults. They finish their IDF service and then travel for about 6 months. The ones who do go on to college are sure they want to go because they are older and don't go just because they think they are supposed to.Lets not forget that the entire country does reserve duty until around 55-57 years old. Its a great system and street crime is pretty much non-existent because there are always armed soilders heading off to some type of either reserve or active duty commitments...armed soilders all over the place is a great crime stopper.
        " May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't" General George S.Patton

" Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading"

" The will to survive is not as important as the will to prevail...the answer to criminal aggression is retaliation" Lt. Col. Jeff Cooper

Comment

In Switzerland it's also mandatory, and along with that after your tour of duty you take the issued weapon home, you are then a part of the national militia...
          From Wikopedia:
          Paragraph 19 of the revised constitution of 1874 extended the definition of the federal army to every able-bodied citizen, swelling the size of the army at least in theory from below 150,000 to more than 700,000, with population growth during the 20th century rising further to some 1.5 million, the second largest armed force per capita after the Israeli Defence Forces.[/b]
          Imagine how much more powerful, educated, and disciplined this nation would be with the same obligatory service in place...
          I am a Patriot...First, Foremost, and Always... "Our Bill Of Rights is not negotiable. Not one single part, not ever. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to the range." "Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names." - John F. Kennedy pa?tri?ot?ism -(noun)- devoted love, support, and defense of one's country; national loyalty.

Comment

I have to agree that there should be some Mandatory Service. However, our taxes would go up IOT to pay all the service members each year. Now after two years of growth, it would level off.

I say yes to an increase in my taxes, IOT pay for manditory service. That would be an investment in the country and our fellow citizens in my opinion. The things I have learned and experienced in my 6 yrs(and counting), of service have made me better. I agree that the traits that would be instilled are priceless and used more often than the college degree!.

There's my two.
            Every day above ground is a good day.

Comment

This also means in case of Marshal Law, they would be used to go door to door and take our weapons to "protect us from ourselves". Just like they did in New Orleans. Remember none of these people got a claim ticket or their weapons back.

Folks, this is the only civil way our Government can take our weapons without a fight. NOW, what ya going to do?
              "with the patience of an oyster....I watch and wait"

Training the US, one shooter at a time.

http://www.centralvirginiatactical.com

Comment

Flea,

I just saw this and since I also just recently saw this come up in a recent topic elsewhere. Martial law wasn't declared by the federal government in Katrina and it wasn't the federal government that ordered confiscation of weapons, it was the mayor apparently (which given the track record of that mayor, sounds par for the course)-which, I've been told is outside of his powers. Found the following quote from the law school at LSUs website:

"The federal and state governments derive their powers from the Constitution, and must respect the limitations of the Constitution. Martial law is a short-hand for the use of force to maintain order when the rule of law has so completely broken down that there is no order and the Constitution no longer applies. Martial law cannot be invoked as a substitute for ordinary criminal law enforcement against citizens in the United States when there is no war or insurrection and the courts are open. For example, while the the courts will not be physically open in New Orleans for some time after the hurricane, they are legally available and the judges can hear cases sitting at a different physical site, such as Baton Rouge."

LSU law school link

Also of interest is http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title...na:_Martial_Law
                Martial law was not declared in Louisiana in relation to Hurricane Katrina. On August 31, 2005, the Louisiana Attorney General's office clarified "reports in some media that 'martial law' [had] been declared in parts of storm-ravaged southeast Louisiana, saying no such term exists in Louisiana law," the New Orleans Times Picayune reported.

I'd be more worried about Obama's plans for a Civil Defense Force that rivals the military than I would about the US military.

"Speed is fine. Accuracy is final." - Larry Vickers

LGOP: a small group of ?pissed-off American paratroopers? who are well trained, armed to the teeth, and lack serious supervision. They collectively remember the commander's intent as, "March to the sound of guns, and kill anyone who isn't dressed like you ..."

Comment

Just because someone severed in the military doesnt make them all better. I knew ALOT of fuk-ups that I wouldn't trust or count on to defending the country. I figure most would view it as something they had to do. As in you have to clean up your room,you have to mow the yard. It wouldn't be viewed as a duty by most. It would take years and years and years and years for it to become a duty thing. Its way too late to reform this country. Someone should have put the foot done back in the great 60's.
                  No man knows how bad he is, until he has tried very hard to be good.
                  C.S. Lewis

Comment

Happy New Year Mac,

Brother, I'm not really worried about the Military in times of Marshal law. Most of the guys remember the oath they swore to up hold. With . posse comitatus kicked in the but now, I'm more worried about the countries (like Canada) the President has made a deal with to use them here in case of Marshal law.

I just hope and pray our Military and LEO remember the oath to serve and protect us against terrorist foreign and domestic. If a nation wide push to take weapons or ammo comes I'm afraid we will see a modern revolution. With American citizens wanting to hold on to the "right to keep and bear arms", I just hope we are not seen as terrorist.

Take care, Vern
                    "with the patience of an oyster....I watch and wait"

Training the US, one shooter at a time.

http://www.centralvirginiatactical.com

Comment

When you use Israel for an example for mandatory military service consider that they are the size of Rhode Island, have a population of about 7 million, and the whole region around them, parts of three continents, wants to blow them off the map. It also seems the whole world would perfer Israel to be destoyed by terrorist than defend themselves. It takes every available man to defend their nation. The military is needed for this protection even inside the country.

If we were at war against the whole world, then mandatory service would be needed. But do we really want mandatory service in the USA? I was born in '68 so I don't remember the Vietnam war, but I have studied it. Seems we had good men fighting that war, but there were also people who did not want to be there, and did not want to fight. They were bad for the war effort, and bad for morale. Some of them came home and protested the war. Dual Springfields is right, the military does not always make a better citizen.

Can you imagine being on a rifle team, squad, or platoon where many of the unit would not fight?

Today we have a military made up off people of who want to serve. They are willing to pay the price. They are highly motivated, and doing a great job.

Comment

I agree the Israel comps don't always work. Look at any conversation regarding airport security and Israel..most people don't know that they have ONE entry and exit airport into the whole country. But I have to disagree with the 68 compare as well, 1968 may as well be 1918. We have 100,000's probably millions of young men and women who are dropping out of high school, in jail, hanging around becoming criminals and who's job prospects (if they are even looking) just got worse. Draft em and teach them some discipline, a trade and some values that they didn't learn at home. The ones who don't turn around can go to military prisons...work on some of BHO's public works projects instead of local jails (the govt can foot the bill they have all the money anyway). I think you will turn a lot of them around and take kids who would have done nothing with their lives and make them productive citizens. Beats having them out on the streets becoming criminals. I also studied Vietnam and it wasn't the soilders good or bad who lost that war it was the gutless politicians and the kids who avoided the draft. Also the beginnings of the slanted press that just culminated in the election of BHO. Just my .02

" Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading"

" The will to survive is not as important as the will to prevail...the answer to criminal aggression is retaliation" Lt. Col. Jeff Cooper

Comment

Maybe we should have harder treatment of criminals.

Doesn't really matter. It will never happen. Just alot of talk.
                          No man knows how bad he is, until he has tried very hard to be good.
                          C.S. Lewis

Comment

OK. I'm a huge fan of the Death Penalty but I think we have a better chance of a draft then we do of seeing tougher treatment of criminals. Remember we are the guys who don't want to waterboard scumbags and give $50,000.00 fake legs to hop along towelhead

Comment

[quote]
                              OK. I'm a huge fan of the Death Penalty but I think we have a better chance of a draft then we do of seeing tougher treatment of criminals. Remember we are the guys who don't want to waterboard scumbags and give $50,000.00 fake legs to hop along towelhead [/b]
                              +1 on the death penalty, but add to that televised, in the old west hangings were a big deal, people came from miles away to see one, the percentage of criminals per capita was considerably less as well, maybe if kids could see once again what the end result looks like they'd think more carefully before going into a life of crime, however you're right, the odds are very slim indeed...
                              I am a Patriot...First, Foremost, and Always... "Our Bill Of Rights is not negotiable. Not one single part, not ever. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to the range." "Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names." - John F. Kennedy pa?tri?ot?ism -(noun)- devoted love, support, and defense of one's country; national loyalty.

Comment

Working...
                              X