Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NBC News tells how to handle home invaders

From Breitbart.com

On September 8 NBC's Today show aired a segment on how to survive a home invasion. That advice included cooperating with the invaders -- "treat them like royalty" -- and telling them the location of everything they want in the house.

Spoiler: The advice did not include acquiring a gun for the defense of one's life, the lives of one's family, and one's property.

During the segment, correspondent Jeff Rossen spoke with former NYPD detective and hostage negotiator William Zeins. Together, the two discussed scenarios and what a homeowner should do if an invader targets his or her home.

Zeins said you should "absolutely" tell the invaders where "the money" and "the jewelry" are if they corner or capture you. He said you should "treat them like royalty... [Don't] lie to them."

He said you might avoid capture by keeping a can of "wasp spray" by your bed with which to spray the invaders in the face. But he did not explain how "wasp spray" beats an intruder armed with a shotgun or 9 mm handgun.

Zeins did say you might distract or frighten away the invader with horns and flashing lights by pressing the panic button on your car alarm.

Follow AWR Hawkins on Twitter: @AWRHawkins. Reach him directly at awrhawkins@breitbart.com.
    www.precision-applications.com

It's knowing that when I get up in the morning and my feet hit the floor, the Devil says, "Shit! He's awake!"

Shortly before World War I, the German Kaiser was the guest of the Swiss government to observe military maneuvers. The Kaiser asked a Swiss militiaman: "You are 500,000 and you shoot well, but if we attack with 1,000,000 men what will you do?" The soldier replied: "We will shoot twice and go home."

"There are so many Russians, and our country so small, where will we find room to bury them all?" - anonymous Finnish soldier

Wow, that is exactly what I would do in that situation. I mean what could go wrong???
    " If you want peace,prepair for war "- Imi Lichtenfeld
    '' I don't like to fight, I like to win!" -Me

Comment

Somehow I don't think a bad guys eyes are going to fall on the ground and wiggle around on the ground after he's hit with wasp spray.
      Oh, for NBC's sake, I acknowledge that the bad guy could also be a female.

Comment

What if the bad guy isn't attacking you with trained wasps?

It's knowing that when I get up in the morning and my feet hit the floor, the Devil says, "Shit! He's awake!"

Shortly before World War I, the German Kaiser was the guest of the Swiss government to observe military maneuvers. The Kaiser asked a Swiss militiaman: "You are 500,000 and you shoot well, but if we attack with 1,000,000 men what will you do?" The soldier replied: "We will shoot twice and go home."

"There are so many Russians, and our country so small, where will we find room to bury them all?" - anonymous Finnish soldier

Comment

Shep these shows are critical. We need to thin out the herd. On a side note I dont see you planting any seeds.

Sam
          " May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't" General George S.Patton

" Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading"

" The will to survive is not as important as the will to prevail...the answer to criminal aggression is retaliation" Lt. Col. Jeff Cooper

Comment

Holy shit! Where you been?!

Comment

Looong story. Good to be back...I see not much has changed, thats a good thing. Missed you guys (well some a ya anyway)

" Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading"

" The will to survive is not as important as the will to prevail...the answer to criminal aggression is retaliation" Lt. Col. Jeff Cooper

Comment

Rendezvous April 17-19!

Comment

[quote]
                  Rendezvous April 17-19![/b]
                  Im there...should be done going through the 63 pages of "new posts" by then. I see all the azzholes are still here. I was worried I would come back to a new PC SP. Figured ya could always use one of the old azzholes back.

Comment

Well, it was nice to have one fewer Yankee around, but welcome back anyways!

Comment

Sam-

Good to see you back.......Vince and I might stand a fighting chance now

Hanley

Comment

Hey Sam, good to have you back! Even if you are a damn yankee!
                        " If you want peace,prepair for war "- Imi Lichtenfeld
                        '' I don't like to fight, I like to win!" -Me

Comment

WOW, SAM BABY! Damn have we missed you!
                          "Do the right thing even if it means dying like a dog when no one's there to see you do it." Vice Admiral James Stockdale, NAVY PILOT

"Honor, Integrity, Commitment to core values. When they become abstract concepts or "ideals", all is lost." Me.

"Character is doing the right thing, even when no one is looking." J.C. Watts

"I have never seen a projectile turn in flight and come back at the ship that fired it, I cannot however make that same statement regarding missiles." Me.

Deus lo vult! = "God wills it!"

Comment

I'm feeling the love guys. Good to be back. Based on some of the piss poor jokes I read, another yankee is needed.

HANLEY can't do it all himself

Vince….I think you answered JY's question and "you were up" a couple months ago??????? WTF? By the way I can get that Pappy you asked about, its up here for 6-800 for the 15 and 7-1000 for the 25. I personally haven't drank the s*^&#t…if anyone has let me know if its worth it…(it can't be) I'm happy with the Makers 56 and Gentlemen Jim. If somebody says its worth every penny i will bring a bottle in April…or I get get us a case of Makers and call it a day. Rifle cleaning both AR and TRG along with a reach around if I bring the Pappy You and HANLEY can flip for it.

Shep can you send me a PM with a paypal total and the onsite lodging for the April shoot…carbine, rifle the whole enchilada please.

By the way Cpt. Sirkin got married last weekend and is in Germany for Oktoberfest…I think I can get him there for April.

Thanks guys, I missed this place.

PS, Shep my new email is 4563Otisvillefedcorr.org

Comment

PM sent.

It would be great to see the Sirkins, although they're both Yankees and one is an Army ossifer to boot!

Comment

Working...
                              X