Sheriff Joe wants his deputies to carry 24/7

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sheriff Joe wants his deputies to carry 24/7

MARICOPA COUNTY, Ariz. — Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio says it's time his deputies and officers were properly armed on and off duty.

In a press conference Thursday afternoon, Arpaio announced every patrol deputy in Maricopa County is now carrying an AR-15 assault rifle.

The sheriff is also ordering his deputies to carry a handgun whenever they're not at work so they're prepared to protect the community.

“Should any off-duty deputy come across a crime being committed, it is the policy of this office for that deputy to take the appropriate action to resolve the situation,” said Arpaio. “While this decision may seem controversial to some in the public and among other law enforcement agencies, I have extreme confidence in the training and professionalism of the men and women deputies in the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office."

Arpaio said RICO funds paid for the 400 high power assault weapons.

The sheriff says the change is "a must." Three of his deputies have been shot during the last two years.

"I want all my deputies to be armed with the greatest firepower available 24 hours a day," said Arpaio.[/b]
    Of course, they aren't "assault rifles"........they are S&W M&P-15's, semi-auto only.
    www.precision-applications.com

It's knowing that when I get up in the morning and my feet hit the floor, the Devil says, "Shit! He's awake!"

Shortly before World War I, the German Kaiser was the guest of the Swiss government to observe military maneuvers. The Kaiser asked a Swiss militiaman: "You are 500,000 and you shoot well, but if we attack with 1,000,000 men what will you do?" The soldier replied: "We will shoot twice and go home."

"There are so many Russians, and our country so small, where will we find room to bury them all?" - anonymous Finnish soldier

Adda boy Sheriff Joe!!!!!!!!!! Take to em and shove it up theren butts, sideways!!!!
    I stand with Israel !!!!!!!!!!!
    "Dogs best friend"
    "Every dog needs a friend"
    "Tyranny is but a mask that evil wears. Those who fail to perceive it as such, or perceiving it for what it is and deny or ignore it, are destined to be ruled and destroyed by it."
    "Good wife, good sons, good dogs, good guns, what more could one ask of life?
    " 'REAL WARRIORS NEVER CRY ' but it is permissible for their eyes to sweat from time to time"
    " Anyone who doesn't like dogs or guns, is a person never to be trusted!"
    (All the above, Yours Truly
    The only movement to which I want to belong is the bowel movement

Comment

Working...
    X