This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cmshoot
    started a topic ALL SP MEMBERS PLEASE READ!!!!!!

ALL SP MEMBERS PLEASE READ!!!!!!

We are planning a migration to a new, upgraded server with better security and added features, including an app for easier access on mobile devices.

As with all well-planned, well thought out and professionally done upgrades, I am anticipating nothing less than a complete and utter FUBAR during this process. There is a chance we will lose some or possibly all of our data when we do the switcharoo.

I will give y'all additional heads up as we get closer to the date, but if you have threads, posts or stickies that you regularly refer to, I would suggest cutting and pasting them to save them for your use. I will be transferring a lot of the stickies to my hard drive so that I can transfer if need be, but don't count on me to save something that you regularly use.

Hope to see y'all on the other side!

• cmshoot
    replied
    If you have to reset or change your password, the system will walk you through it. Just fill in the blank.

Leave a comment:

• usngunner
    replied
    Ok, I'll be around guys. Shep, keep me posted and I'll try to help out as much as possible if you like.

Leave a comment:

• Boanerges
    replied
    [quote]
    Like I said.... There is also a possibility everyone will have to reset their password when they log in for the first time.[/b]
    Oh$hit, how does one do that??
    Is "resetting" of the pass word anything like changing the password?

Leave a comment:

• cmshoot
    replied
    Like I said in the originating lost, I will be giving y'all additional heads up as we draw closer, but it could be sudden. Plus, I'm leaving for a hunting trip this Saturday and won't be returning until Friday, Dec 5. I will have absolutely no internet access during this period.

The appearance of the site will change, I can't help that. There is also a possibility everyone will have to reset their password when they log in for the first time.

Leave a comment:

• Boanerges
    replied
    So is this going to be something likeY2K?? What does it mean to someone who doesn't have a clue as to what a sticky is, or what ever cut and paste means. Keep in mind, the last time I did any cutting and pasting was 68 years ago!! Will this here computer machine blow up, if I don't sign off? Will you be agiven a count down when you pull the plug or do what ever it is you're gonna be a doing?

Leave a comment:

• cmshoot
    replied
    No, what SH did is totally different from what we're doing.

Leave a comment:

• JayCeeNC
    replied
    Sniper's Hide just did something like that. I haven't been over there in years, but now I'm afraid to even try!

Leave a comment:

• gdvan01
    replied
    [quote]
    You been talking to Lowlight, haven't ya??!! [/b]

Leave a comment:

• Chingon
    replied
    You been talking to Lowlight, haven't ya??!!

Leave a comment:

• ICU
    replied
    Awesome, will do. Thanks for the heads up!

Leave a comment:

• gdvan01
    replied
    Good luck dude, upgrades always make me nervous...especially working at the state government level.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X