This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ALL SP MEMBERS PLEASE READ!!!!!!

We are planning a migration to a new, upgraded server with better security and added features, including an app for easier access on mobile devices.

As with all well-planned, well thought out and professionally done upgrades, I am anticipating nothing less than a complete and utter FUBAR during this process. There is a chance we will lose some or possibly all of our data when we do the switcharoo.

I will give y'all additional heads up as we get closer to the date, but if you have threads, posts or stickies that you regularly refer to, I would suggest cutting and pasting them to save them for your use. I will be transferring a lot of the stickies to my hard drive so that I can transfer if need be, but don't count on me to save something that you regularly use.

Hope to see y'all on the other side!
    www.precision-applications.com

It's knowing that when I get up in the morning and my feet hit the floor, the Devil says, "Shit! He's awake!"

Shortly before World War I, the German Kaiser was the guest of the Swiss government to observe military maneuvers. The Kaiser asked a Swiss militiaman: "You are 500,000 and you shoot well, but if we attack with 1,000,000 men what will you do?" The soldier replied: "We will shoot twice and go home."

"There are so many Russians, and our country so small, where will we find room to bury them all?" - anonymous Finnish soldier

Good luck dude, upgrades always make me nervous...especially working at the state government level.

NRA Endowment Life Member

Proud Son of a former Tomb Guard

Comment

Awesome, will do. Thanks for the heads up!
      " If you want peace,prepair for war "- Imi Lichtenfeld
      '' I don't like to fight, I like to win!" -Me

Comment

You been talking to Lowlight, haven't ya??!!
        "No sword? Use a stick. No stick? Use a rock. No rock? Use your fists and feet! Lose your life, but make the enemy pay!"

Comment

[quote]
          You been talking to Lowlight, haven't ya??!! [/b]

NRA Endowment Life Member

Proud Son of a former Tomb Guard

Comment

Sniper's Hide just did something like that. I haven't been over there in years, but now I'm afraid to even try!
            "Kill evil. It's how quality of life is achieved. Carry on."---Ted Nugent

Comment

No, what SH did is totally different from what we're doing.

It's knowing that when I get up in the morning and my feet hit the floor, the Devil says, "Shit! He's awake!"

Shortly before World War I, the German Kaiser was the guest of the Swiss government to observe military maneuvers. The Kaiser asked a Swiss militiaman: "You are 500,000 and you shoot well, but if we attack with 1,000,000 men what will you do?" The soldier replied: "We will shoot twice and go home."

"There are so many Russians, and our country so small, where will we find room to bury them all?" - anonymous Finnish soldier

Comment

So is this going to be something likeY2K?? What does it mean to someone who doesn't have a clue as to what a sticky is, or what ever cut and paste means. Keep in mind, the last time I did any cutting and pasting was 68 years ago!! Will this here computer machine blow up, if I don't sign off? Will you be agiven a count down when you pull the plug or do what ever it is you're gonna be a doing?
                I stand with Israel !!!!!!!!!!!
                "Dogs best friend"
                "Every dog needs a friend"
                "Tyranny is but a mask that evil wears. Those who fail to perceive it as such, or perceiving it for what it is and deny or ignore it, are destined to be ruled and destroyed by it."
                "Good wife, good sons, good dogs, good guns, what more could one ask of life?
                " 'REAL WARRIORS NEVER CRY ' but it is permissible for their eyes to sweat from time to time"
                " Anyone who doesn't like dogs or guns, is a person never to be trusted!"
                (All the above, Yours Truly
                The only movement to which I want to belong is the bowel movement

Comment

Like I said in the originating lost, I will be giving y'all additional heads up as we draw closer, but it could be sudden. Plus, I'm leaving for a hunting trip this Saturday and won't be returning until Friday, Dec 5. I will have absolutely no internet access during this period.

The appearance of the site will change, I can't help that. There is also a possibility everyone will have to reset their password when they log in for the first time.

Comment

[quote]
                    Like I said.... There is also a possibility everyone will have to reset their password when they log in for the first time.[/b]
                    Oh$hit, how does one do that??
                    Is "resetting" of the pass word anything like changing the password?
                    I stand with Israel !!!!!!!!!!!
                    "Dogs best friend"
                    "Every dog needs a friend"
                    "Tyranny is but a mask that evil wears. Those who fail to perceive it as such, or perceiving it for what it is and deny or ignore it, are destined to be ruled and destroyed by it."
                    "Good wife, good sons, good dogs, good guns, what more could one ask of life?
                    " 'REAL WARRIORS NEVER CRY ' but it is permissible for their eyes to sweat from time to time"
                    " Anyone who doesn't like dogs or guns, is a person never to be trusted!"
                    (All the above, Yours Truly
                    The only movement to which I want to belong is the bowel movement

Comment

Ok, I'll be around guys. Shep, keep me posted and I'll try to help out as much as possible if you like.

"Do the right thing even if it means dying like a dog when no one's there to see you do it." Vice Admiral James Stockdale, NAVY PILOT

"Honor, Integrity, Commitment to core values. When they become abstract concepts or "ideals", all is lost." Me.

"Character is doing the right thing, even when no one is looking." J.C. Watts

"I have never seen a projectile turn in flight and come back at the ship that fired it, I cannot however make that same statement regarding missiles." Me.

Deus lo vult! = "God wills it!"

Comment

If you have to reset or change your password, the system will walk you through it. Just fill in the blank.

Comment

Working...
                        X