Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Answer the question, keep it going........

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Answer the question, keep it going........

Thought I'd try this out here, saw something similar (but non-gun related) on another site.

I'll post a gun-related trivia question here. First person to answer it, then get a confirmation from that the answer is correct, will post the next trivia question. We'll keep it going as long as we can.

Remember, don't post a question until you have correctly answered one, and received affirmation from the person that asked the question.

No googling (of any kind!), please.

First question:

What does the stamp "MRT" on a military rifle sling stand for?
    www.precision-applications.com

It's knowing that when I get up in the morning and my feet hit the floor, the Devil says, "Shit! He's awake!"

Shortly before World War I, the German Kaiser was the guest of the Swiss government to observe military maneuvers. The Kaiser asked a Swiss militiaman: "You are 500,000 and you shoot well, but if we attack with 1,000,000 men what will you do?" The soldier replied: "We will shoot twice and go home."

"There are so many Russians, and our country so small, where will we find room to bury them all?" - anonymous Finnish soldier

Mildew Resistant Treated
    "The two most powerful warriors are patience and time."
    Leo Tolstoy

Comment

Must Reinforce with Tanks
      Endeavor to Persevere)

Thomas Jefferson: "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.

"A nation which can prefer disgrace to danger is prepared for a master and deserves one. " Alexander Hamilton

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." S. Freud

In Proud Memory

Comment

Mr. T was here
        "No sword? Use a stick. No stick? Use a rock. No rock? Use your fists and feet! Lose your life, but make the enemy pay!"

Comment

JPBeck got it. Your turn...........

It's knowing that when I get up in the morning and my feet hit the floor, the Devil says, "Shit! He's awake!"

Shortly before World War I, the German Kaiser was the guest of the Swiss government to observe military maneuvers. The Kaiser asked a Swiss militiaman: "You are 500,000 and you shoot well, but if we attack with 1,000,000 men what will you do?" The soldier replied: "We will shoot twice and go home."

"There are so many Russians, and our country so small, where will we find room to bury them all?" - anonymous Finnish soldier

Comment

What was the first US branch to adopt the M16A1???
            Leo Tolstoy

Comment

US Navy. SEAL Teams One and Two actually.

OOPS, they were the first to adopt the M16.
              "Do the right thing even if it means dying like a dog when no one's there to see you do it." Vice Admiral James Stockdale, NAVY PILOT

"Honor, Integrity, Commitment to core values. When they become abstract concepts or "ideals", all is lost." Me.

"Character is doing the right thing, even when no one is looking." J.C. Watts

"I have never seen a projectile turn in flight and come back at the ship that fired it, I cannot however make that same statement regarding missiles." Me.

Deus lo vult! = "God wills it!"

Comment

[quote]
                US Navy. SEAL Teams One and Two actually.

OOPS, they were the first to adopt the M16.[/b]
                The A1 I believe was driven by the Marine Corps.
                "Do the right thing even if it means dying like a dog when no one's there to see you do it." Vice Admiral James Stockdale, NAVY PILOT

"Honor, Integrity, Commitment to core values. When they become abstract concepts or "ideals", all is lost." Me.

"Character is doing the right thing, even when no one is looking." J.C. Watts

"I have never seen a projectile turn in flight and come back at the ship that fired it, I cannot however make that same statement regarding missiles." Me.

Deus lo vult! = "God wills it!"

Comment

I'll throw in a vote for the US Air Farce.

Comment

Shep you got it--
                    Leo Tolstoy

Comment

What was the caliber that immediately preceded the .30-06 as the official US military caliber designation?

Comment

I know it-- but want to give someone else a try.
                        Leo Tolstoy

Comment

7.62x51 (.308)

Comment

[quote]
                            7.62x51 (.308)[/b]

+1
                            I was born an American; I will live an American; I shall die an American -Daniel Webster

Freedom & Fear; Justice & Cruelty have always been at War, and we know that God is not neutral between them - George W. Bush

I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you - Genghis Khan

I dont know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you, half as well as you deserve. B. Baggins, Lord of the Rings

Comment

and bingo was his name-o
                              Leo Tolstoy

Comment

Working...
                              X