Who's using a rear monopd?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inukshuk
    started a topic Who's using a rear monopd?

Who's using a rear monopd?

I'm using a Harris Bipod with a bean bag for the rear and would like to know who's using a monopod instead of a bean bag.
    I've been looking at the Acc-Shot Monopod but don't know if it's really worth it. This would be for hunting and target practice up to 500-1,000 yrds.

• Ed_SniPeralez
    replied
    ACC SRS Stock w/Mono-Pod ACC
    She worked out fine, for me, on my Sporter .204

Had this one on first, Magpul.

SRS Stock w/Mono-Pod

Leave a comment:

• CelticRavenVA
    replied
    I have tried a rear pod... (I didn't believe flea and bought one, when he told me don't you won't be happy.) Well as usual he was right and I loved it on concrete, but preloading on soft earth that little nub it sinks right down into the ground. Screw that....

Leave a comment:

• MueveloNYC
    replied
    [quote]
    Both mine came with it. I used them a couple of times and went back to a rear bag. It takes too much fidgeting around, and is nowhere near as stable as a bag. I actually removed it completely since it made stabilizing on the bag harder.[/b]
    You can also try a balloon filed with birdseed (the small round ones) if you don't want to take a rear bag with you hunting. if it's too low, hold it in your left fist and squeeze it (so it bulbs upward). Think of it as something similar to a stress ball.

Leave a comment:

• N15
    replied
    Both mine came with it. I used them a couple of times and went back to a rear bag. It takes too much fidgeting around, and is nowhere near as stable as a bag. I actually removed it completely since it made stabilizing on the bag harder.

Leave a comment:

• Inukshuk
    replied
    The way things are looking I'll probably forget it. It does look cool and interesting, but.
    I'll stick with my Gunner's rear bag.

Leave a comment:

• SpecOpsScout
    replied
    Hey Brother,
    I had one on my EDM Arms .408 CheyTac Rifle, and to be quite honest, while it looked very cool, I didn't find it nearly as supportive and stabilizing as a good rear bag. As a matter of fact, the guy I bought my rifle from, had a custom made extension, to allow the rifle to ride a rear bag. Obviously, he felt the same way I did
    Respectfully,
    Harry

Leave a comment:

• Jet
    replied
    I went with the Gunner's Gear rear bag myself. In fact, I just got a second one I did consider the monopod but for some reason just didn't feel it would give me the stability in position that the bag does. I can't prove that, it is just a feeling I have.

Jet

Leave a comment:

• dom
    replied
    with the PGM Hecate 2 we use, they deliver a rear monopod. to help you understand how we like it the rifles looks daily used but the monopod is still brand new !!!

Leave a comment:

• Gunner5607
    replied
    They are problematic when engaging movers in the prone position. A small frisbee helps but...

Leave a comment:

• Lakotah
    replied
    Gunners Rear Bag here. I feel a monopod would be too constricting where a rear bag can be easily manulipated to different heights.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X