Who's using a rear monopd?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's using a rear monopd?

I'm using a Harris Bipod with a bean bag for the rear and would like to know who's using a monopod instead of a bean bag.
    I've been looking at the Acc-Shot Monopod but don't know if it's really worth it. This would be for hunting and target practice up to 500-1,000 yrds.

Live Long & Prosper
    To Go Where No Man Has Gone Before.

http://inukshuk.smugmug.com/

Gunners Rear Bag here. I feel a monopod would be too constricting where a rear bag can be easily manulipated to different heights.
    In the Jungle, On the hunt, I am The Ghost in the Darkness

Comment

They are problematic when engaging movers in the prone position. A small frisbee helps but...

Comment

with the PGM Hecate 2 we use, they deliver a rear monopod. to help you understand how we like it the rifles looks daily used but the monopod is still brand new !!!
        " IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED, USE DUCT TAPE !" said Uncle Bowe

Comment

I went with the Gunner's Gear rear bag myself. In fact, I just got a second one I did consider the monopod but for some reason just didn't feel it would give me the stability in position that the bag does. I can't prove that, it is just a feeling I have.

Jet
          Isshin Ryu Student

Comment

Hey Brother,
            I had one on my EDM Arms .408 CheyTac Rifle, and to be quite honest, while it looked very cool, I didn't find it nearly as supportive and stabilizing as a good rear bag. As a matter of fact, the guy I bought my rifle from, had a custom made extension, to allow the rifle to ride a rear bag. Obviously, he felt the same way I did
            Respectfully,
            Harry
            "It's better to live one day as a lion, than one hundred years as a sheep", Old Roman Proverb.
            "For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know", Author Unknown.
            "Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war!", Shakespeare, Julius Ceaser, Act III, Scene I.

Comment

The way things are looking I'll probably forget it. It does look cool and interesting, but.
              I'll stick with my Gunner's rear bag.
              Live Long & Prosper
              To Go Where No Man Has Gone Before.

http://inukshuk.smugmug.com/

Comment

Both mine came with it. I used them a couple of times and went back to a rear bag. It takes too much fidgeting around, and is nowhere near as stable as a bag. I actually removed it completely since it made stabilizing on the bag harder.
                "Don't die wondering"

Comment

[quote]
                  Both mine came with it. I used them a couple of times and went back to a rear bag. It takes too much fidgeting around, and is nowhere near as stable as a bag. I actually removed it completely since it made stabilizing on the bag harder.[/b]
                  You can also try a balloon filed with birdseed (the small round ones) if you don't want to take a rear bag with you hunting. if it's too low, hold it in your left fist and squeeze it (so it bulbs upward). Think of it as something similar to a stress ball.
                  Remington 700p LTR TWS, HK USP, Benelli M1 Super 90 (All NYC Compliant
                  NRA Life Member, ANJRPC Memeber, Florida & Connecticut CCW

Comment

I have tried a rear pod... (I didn't believe flea and bought one, when he told me don't you won't be happy.) Well as usual he was right and I loved it on concrete, but preloading on soft earth that little nub it sinks right down into the ground. Screw that....

CelticRaven

-- Poor is the country with no heroes and worse yet, is the country that forgets its heroes.

Plan for what CAN happen, not what HAS happened.
                    --CelticRaven

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
                    --Thomas Jefferson

Comment

ACC SRS Stock w/Mono-Pod ACC
                      She worked out fine, for me, on my Sporter .204

Had this one on first, Magpul.

SRS Stock w/Mono-Pod

My Stuff

Comment

Working...
                      X