Furthest Hunting Shot!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Furthest Hunting Shot!

What's your furthest confirmed hunting kill? tell us the story! Pics would be good too!

Commie bunker, Salvo (14 ea.) of 2.75" folding fin rockets and two 3 sec. bursts from General Electric 7.62 mini gun. Weapon platform: UH1C over loaded gunship, altitude (AGL): 200ft. airspeed: 90 knots, distance: 1200 yrds (do the math for slant range). Secondary explosions were obtained. Location: Chu Pong Mountain Range, Irdrange Valley, Central High Lands, Vietnam, 1968. Due to situation, boots on conformation unattainable, body parts were visible on flyby. Pictures unavailable and illegal to possess, memory/details fading!!!!
    I stand with Israel !!!!!!!!!!!
    "Dogs best friend"
    "Every dog needs a friend"
    "Tyranny is but a mask that evil wears. Those who fail to perceive it as such, or perceiving it for what it is and deny or ignore it, are destined to be ruled and destroyed by it."
    "Good wife, good sons, good dogs, good guns, what more could one ask of life?
    " 'REAL WARRIORS NEVER CRY ' but it is permissible for their eyes to sweat from time to time"
    " Anyone who doesn't like dogs or guns, is a person never to be trusted!"
    (All the above, Yours Truly
    The only movement to which I want to belong is the bowel movement

Comment

Took out a commie elephant at approx. 800 yds. with rockets and mini's. I really felt bad about that one. I still do as I think about it. Location: about 30 miles south of the Chu Pong Mountain Range. Tried to get permission to take out a commie tiger that was stalking our eastern perimeter one night while pulling Officer of the Guard. Basturds refused permission to engage the enemy, I even told them I thought I saw the beast with explosive tied to the body, but to no avail I couldn't get permission. They sent a Major down to see if I was on drugs or something. The tiger went away by the time the major arrived.
      "Dogs best friend"
      "Tyranny is but a mask that evil wears. Those who fail to perceive it as such, or perceiving it for what it is and deny or ignore it, are destined to be ruled and destroyed by it."
      " 'REAL WARRIORS NEVER CRY ' but it is permissible for their eyes to sweat from time to time"

Comment

My longest on a 4-legged critter:

Just a hair over 600yds on a fairly average Georgia whitetail doe.

When I was on the SWAT Team, several of us had a hunting lease in Hancock County, GA. There was a clear cut in the middle of the lease. Myself and 2 of the other Snipers built a nice shooting platform, then used an LRF to measure every 50yrds and mark the distances with colored flags. We were going to see who could get the longest shot on a deer that season.

Rifle: HS Precision HTR-2000
        Scope: Leupold Mark4 6.5-20x50mm, illuminated with mil-dot reticle
        Caliber: .308 Winchester
        Ammo: Black Hills 168grn BTHP
        Position: Prone with a bipod and rear bag
        www.precision-applications.com

It's knowing that when I get up in the morning and my feet hit the floor, the Devil says, "Shit! He's awake!"

Shortly before World War I, the German Kaiser was the guest of the Swiss government to observe military maneuvers. The Kaiser asked a Swiss militiaman: "You are 500,000 and you shoot well, but if we attack with 1,000,000 men what will you do?" The soldier replied: "We will shoot twice and go home."

"There are so many Russians, and our country so small, where will we find room to bury them all?" - anonymous Finnish soldier

Comment

Let's hear from you guys stitten in them there easy chairs flying them there droney thingys over da sandbox.
          "Dogs best friend"

Comment

Longest shot was just over 200 yds. Remington .30-06, 180 grains of bambi-killin' goodness. Popped a doe broadside.

This was many, many years ago while with the airport po-lice at Dulles during game control season.
            NRA Endowment Life Member

Proud Son of a former Tomb Guard

Comment

First time I went hunting was when I was 22. Took a button buck at about 250 paces off a small rise with a Marlin 30-30 using irons, perfect lung shot. I don't think I could ever make that shot again. In all honesty it took me two shots. The buck was closer but buck fever got the best of me.
              "No sword? Use a stick. No stick? Use a rock. No rock? Use your fists and feet! Lose your life, but make the enemy pay!"

Comment

236 yds with my 25-06, I was sitting in a tower stand in a "T" intersection in planted pines. I shot 3 in a matter of a couple of minutes. They came running in a circle around behind me. I saw the first one peeping out of the pines, then 3 flew across the road I was on before I knew what happened. I got the rifle pointed were they went across. I heard them stop and looked through the scope where they went in. The last one blended well with the tall grass and was looking in my direction, I sent it and saw the hair fly then heard it thrashing after the quartering shot. I turned to where I thought the other 2 might come across the road in the other part of the intersection. The both popped out and stopped in the road. I was lined up on the one broadside when I heard somebody whisper....candy a$$ shot the one looking at you...so I sent it to the white spot right under her chin and she just fell straight over in the road. I heard another shot and figured it was my buddy on the other one that I didn't know where it went. I figured since all of that was on the ground I needed to get down from the stand to round it all up. I felt the need to mark my territory so I crossed to the other corner from the stand and marked the hell out of the place. I backed back out and thought I should look down the road before I got to far out and there was a deer going back in where they first came across the road. I threw the rifle up and found a hole and sent one free handed to her....had to track her about 75 yds.....no pictures but I can give you my buddy's #. When we got to the second deer there was no blood to be seen and you could see where the hooves push up the sand when she fell over. My friend said there is no blood....I told him the bullet flew so close to her it scared her to death.
                "Flawed But Repeatable"

Comment

My longest was 400.
                  Tudo o que eu garantir e Violencia

Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one.

If I tell you I'm good, probably you will say I'm boasting; but if I tell you I am no good, you know I'm lying.

Comment

180 yards, running doe broadside, Marlin 30-30 with a wide angle Redfield 4x. Hail Mary for sure, but I got her in the boiler room.
                    "Do the right thing even if it means dying like a dog when no one's there to see you do it." Vice Admiral James Stockdale, NAVY PILOT

"Honor, Integrity, Commitment to core values. When they become abstract concepts or "ideals", all is lost." Me.

"Character is doing the right thing, even when no one is looking." J.C. Watts

"I have never seen a projectile turn in flight and come back at the ship that fired it, I cannot however make that same statement regarding missiles." Me.

Deus lo vult! = "God wills it!"

Comment

I have killed 2 does at 625yds with a 308, those are my longest kills so far. I have killed 3 deer over 60 yds with a compound bow. Farthest was 66yds.
                      " If you want peace,prepair for war "- Imi Lichtenfeld
                      '' I don't like to fight, I like to win!" -Me

Comment

570yds cow elk with 300 win mag with a 208amax is my longest on four legged animal so far. Temp was -27* and it took forever to drag it the 2km to truck. Good thing for having friends who also like elk meat.

Comment

Working...
                        X