Service members protesting actions against Syria

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Service members protesting actions against Syria

There have been a slew of US service members in uniform, usually with their face covered, protesting actions against Syria.

Do you think this is right for them to do so?

Do you feel it is right for a US service member to refuse to go to war if they feel it is "unjust"?

Does your opinion on the matter change if

a. the President sends the troops without authorization from Congress?

b. Congress votes to send the troops?
    www.precision-applications.com

It's knowing that when I get up in the morning and my feet hit the floor, the Devil says, "Shit! He's awake!"

Shortly before World War I, the German Kaiser was the guest of the Swiss government to observe military maneuvers. The Kaiser asked a Swiss militiaman: "You are 500,000 and you shoot well, but if we attack with 1,000,000 men what will you do?" The soldier replied: "We will shoot twice and go home."

"There are so many Russians, and our country so small, where will we find room to bury them all?" - anonymous Finnish soldier

i feel as long as congress votes it in, its part of the job. im kind of on the fence...

Comment

If it were me, I'd say put my a$ in jail. The actions of a tyrant is nothing but tyranny!!! Why are we attaching a sovereign nation that hasn't attached us? We are members of the UN. We pay 22% of their funding. It's against their charter to take action without their say so. Looks like two strikes against us, if we don't have our own congressional approval or UN approval. I'm not a fan of the UN. I think we should turn off their electricity and water. When the $hitters over flow, they'll leave of their own accord. Rules are rules, abide by them or else anarchy reigns and then anything goes. Let those two waring factions kill each other off. Then nuke the survivers!!! Wars should be fought with "VICTORY" as the goal. Waring for anything less, is just plain old "BULL SCAT." We've been doing this since Korea and look at where it's gotten us!!! Wars of conquest sound good to me!!! Like in the movie Gadiator, "A people should now when they are conquered."
      I stand with Israel !!!!!!!!!!!
      "Dogs best friend"
      "Every dog needs a friend"
      "Tyranny is but a mask that evil wears. Those who fail to perceive it as such, or perceiving it for what it is and deny or ignore it, are destined to be ruled and destroyed by it."
      "Good wife, good sons, good dogs, good guns, what more could one ask of life?
      " 'REAL WARRIORS NEVER CRY ' but it is permissible for their eyes to sweat from time to time"
      " Anyone who doesn't like dogs or guns, is a person never to be trusted!"
      (All the above, Yours Truly
      The only movement to which I want to belong is the bowel movement

Comment

Military members who fail to obey the lawful orders of their superiors risk serious consequences. Article 90 of the Uniform Code of Military Justice (UCMJ) makes it a crime for a military member to WILLFULLY disobey a superior commissioned officer. Article 91 makes it a crime to WILLFULLY disobey a superior Noncommissioned or Warrant Officer. Article 92 makes it a crime to disobey any lawful order (the disobedience does not have to be "willful" under this article).

US military are trained to refuse unlawful orders. The Uniform Code of Military Justice (UCMJ) Article 92 makes US military duty clear to obey lawful orders. The primary source for lawful orders is the US Constitution. A nation’s constitution are its central and defining laws.This takes care of the "I was only following orders" defense.

If POTUS issues unlawful orders he is supposed to be tried, impeachment proceedings .

Just some thoughts...Jim
        "A FAMILY THAT STANDS TOGETHER AND FIGHTS TOGETHER STAYS TOGETHER" The combined Dutch Family...

"But I've a rendezvous with Death, at midnight in some flaming town, when spring trips north again this year, and I to my pledge word am true, I shall not fail that rendezvous"

Alan Seeger, KIA Belloy-en-Santerre 4 July 1916, Legion Entrangere, American poet.

Comment

Yeah, I say let them go for it. I bitched about stuff we did, but we didn't have the internet. Not sure I would have gone public but who knows. I would say it's more venting than disobeying an order. None of them said they wouldn't go. Just that that isn't what they joined to do. I agree with that for sure. We've no business sticking our noses in that shit pile.

"Do the right thing even if it means dying like a dog when no one's there to see you do it." Vice Admiral James Stockdale, NAVY PILOT

"Honor, Integrity, Commitment to core values. When they become abstract concepts or "ideals", all is lost." Me.

"Character is doing the right thing, even when no one is looking." J.C. Watts

"I have never seen a projectile turn in flight and come back at the ship that fired it, I cannot however make that same statement regarding missiles." Me.

Deus lo vult! = "God wills it!"

Comment

Being a member of the armed services does not in any way disqualify a person from expressing his or her opinion. You take an oath to defend the Constitution, and that piece of paper grants you the right to express your opinion. I don't think I read an exception in there prohibiting those in uniform from doing so.

Comment

Anything that brings shame, disgrace, dishonor to the uniform can always be seen as conduct unbecoming and that is subject to UCMJ punishment. No words need to be spoken. Just being there is enough to bring charges. With the a$$ holes in the upper levels, in this day and age, one must be very careful. all one has to say is "I think that was shameful, discraceful, etc." and to the dock you go!!
              I stand with Israel !!!!!!!!!!!
              "Dogs best friend"
              "Every dog needs a friend"
              "Tyranny is but a mask that evil wears. Those who fail to perceive it as such, or perceiving it for what it is and deny or ignore it, are destined to be ruled and destroyed by it."
              "Good wife, good sons, good dogs, good guns, what more could one ask of life?
              " 'REAL WARRIORS NEVER CRY ' but it is permissible for their eyes to sweat from time to time"
              " Anyone who doesn't like dogs or guns, is a person never to be trusted!"
              (All the above, Yours Truly
              The only movement to which I want to belong is the bowel movement

Comment

Working...
              X