Three General Purpose Carbines

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Three General Purpose Carbines

#1. 17" Krieger barrel, lightweight 0.700" under the handguards, rifle-length gas system. Troy BUIS. PRI FF tube. Optics configured per mission. Normally has a Magpul MIAD grip and M93B stock. This rifle regularly shoots sub-half-MOA 5-shot groups at 100 yards with the TA11 ACOG, and I have used it to make first-round hits out to 500 yards. Upper built by MSTN.

This upper was spec'd out for action shooting, cutting a compromise between light weight, extreme accuracy, and ability to stand moderate barrel heat without throwing rounds.

[ link to LARGER image ]
    [ link to LARGER image ]

Last picture configured with a Cavalry Arms MKII lower, as shot at the Cav Arms WACO 3Gun match in Sept. Also note the suppressor has been replaced with a MSTN QC comp for muzzle control. I have competed with this rifle for about 10 months.

#2. 18" Douglas 6.8SPC barrel, PRI FF tube, Troy BUIS. Optics usually a TA11 ACOG. MIAD grip & M93B stock, normally. This rifle regularly shoots about 0.75 MOA with my 110gr VMAX handloads and matches 75-77gr Black Hills 223 trajectory out to about 500 yards. I have used it to make first-round hits out to 500 yards. Again, built by MSTN.

[ link to LARGER image ]

Here it is with the new Magpul PRS stock
    [ link to LARGER image ]

This shoots the 110-115gr 6.8SPC bullets with a trajectory basically matching the heavy 223 loads, but delivering significantly more "oomph" on target.

#3. 14.5" Noveske "AFGHAN" barrel, perm mounted new-style Gemtech Bilock muzzle device. LaRue Tactical 13.2" FF rail, Troy & PRI BUIS. Again normally a MIAD grip and Magpul M93B. Gemtech M4-96D suppressor as standard.

This upper was designed to not have much deflection with the suppressor on vs. off, and to handle the extreme heat generated by the suppressor well-- while maintainin a high level of accuracy. The heavy profile of the 14.5" Noveske barrel soaks up the heat and does not deflect very much (compared to the 17" which drops 6" with the 'can on). The long FF tube allows "just" enough clearance to mount the suppressor, and keeps the operator from getting burned as much from the barrel/suppressor heat. Finally, with the suppressor removed, the rifle is very short, pretty light, and handy.

[ link to LARGER image ]
    [ link to LARGER image ]
    [ link to LARGER image ]
    [ link to LARGER image ]
    ColoradoMultigun.com
    Also local 3Gun and Precision Rifle in Raton

The PRS is comfortable, fits well, and soaks up the recoil (such as it is) with its mass.
    ColoradoMultigun.com
    Also local 3Gun and Precision Rifle in Raton

Comment

Working...
    X