8-40 Scope Base Conversion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8-40 Scope Base Conversion

I am concidering the 8-40 base conversion, and was wondering if it mattered what action you did it to and if you could,would lap the rings while you are working on it? thanks

hate to sound demanding any one care to field a simple question?

Comment

I just now brought this to HD's attention via email.
      Knowledge comes from retaining what is learned,
      Thomas

Comment

They're pretty busy at HD getting out the last of the SPHD rifles. Probably don't have a lot of time to play on the net!
        www.precision-applications.com

It's knowing that when I get up in the morning and my feet hit the floor, the Devil says, "Shit! He's awake!"

Shortly before World War I, the German Kaiser was the guest of the Swiss government to observe military maneuvers. The Kaiser asked a Swiss militiaman: "You are 500,000 and you shoot well, but if we attack with 1,000,000 men what will you do?" The soldier replied: "We will shoot twice and go home."

"There are so many Russians, and our country so small, where will we find room to bury them all?" - anonymous Finnish soldier

Comment

It does not matter what action it is done on.
          The onlt thing really to consider is that if it is a stock rifle and you plan to rebarrel it someday, is that when it gets a new barrel the action will be trued. This will make the alignment in correct because the holes are would be aligned to the factory barrel which is on a "crooked" action.

The alignment is the main reason for the 8-40 conversion, although the screws are stronger, it would be hard to break the standard screws when a good base such as a TPS or Badger is used that have the lip that butts against the action.

Sorry about not catching the post sooner. We indeed have been busy with the rifles and are not on the web as much as we would like to be.

Celt

Comment

Jeff...what if you already have a match barrel that needs to be rebarreled(and the 8-40 conversion was done)...would alignement be off from the prev. barrel?

Comment

[/b]
              The action should have been trued when the match barrel was put on. If it was (most likely was) then the alignment would be good, since the action is what "points" the barrel, it will point in the same place.

Celt
              HD Rifles )

Comment

Working...
              X