Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nicely written post shulette, welcome aboard and make yourself to home.
    "Do the right thing even if it means dying like a dog when no one's there to see you do it." Vice Admiral James Stockdale, NAVY PILOT

"Honor, Integrity, Commitment to core values. When they become abstract concepts or "ideals", all is lost." Me.

"Character is doing the right thing, even when no one is looking." J.C. Watts

"I have never seen a projectile turn in flight and come back at the ship that fired it, I cannot however make that same statement regarding missiles." Me.

Deus lo vult! = "God wills it!"

Comment

Hell of a first post shulette, welcome aboard. I could have written it better myself, but who here would read all 6,438 words?
      Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
      -Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955

Here, hold my trophy while I kiss your girlfriend. -NoFear Gear 1996

They do not teach that their God will rouse them a little before the nuts work loose. They do not teach that His Pity allows them to drop their jobs when they dam'-well choose. As in the thronged and the lighted ways, so in the dark and desert they stand, Wary and watchful all their days that their brethren's day may be long in the land
      -Rudyard Kipling in "The Sons of Martha" (a poem about warriors

Comment

Julien,

Education is great depending on what you do with it. If you had looked at the bottom of each of my posts. You would see a direct link to my website. With a complete history of who I am.

I also when not training work for "Ashbury International Group", testing the software on new Vector 21's before we pack them up and send them to the Military.

Ashbury International Group, is the sole US importer. It shouldn't have been hard to figure out who I worked for.

Mr. Peterson CEO, of AIG was in a meeting all day with Premier Reticle, but will check tomorrow with Vectronix, as to who you are. He's aware of your thread and like myself feels it's questionable or at least the translation.

As, Vectronix recently sent us a cheaper version of the Vector to review. I tested it myself. Like so many times we explaned to them Vectronix needs to bring their price down for the civilian market.

Whether it be the PLRF10, 15, 15C, 1500 or whatever for the civilian market the price needs to come down to compete with Leica, Swarovski.

Again, like these members explaned the word "sniper" is used only with Military or LEO. We understand the meaning of the word, much better than you sir.

The Military sniper market is saturated with the Vector until 2008, so inquiring as to what a sniper is looking for is pointless.

I still believe your looking for input from civilian long range marksmen here, NOT snipers. If this is the case we all would be more then willing to help you.

Regards, flea
        "with the patience of an oyster....I watch and wait"

Training the US, one shooter at a time.

http://www.centralvirginiatactical.com

Comment

Hi Folks,
          I wanted to share an e-mail with you, from out Vice President of Marketing with Ashbury International Group and Vectronix CEO.

This is in regards to Julien:

Read Mail: Re: Sniper Forum Activity Show Full Header | Printer-Friendly Version | Help From: Email Address
          To:
          Cc:
          Date: Wed, July 26, 2006 8:19 am
          Subject: Re: Sniper Forum Activity

View Message | Up

Reply | Reply All | Forward | Blacklist Sender | Safelist Sender

Richard,

Thanks for notifying Vectronix Inc of this activity. We had no knowledge
          of it. One of our interns in Switzerland did this on his own. We have put
          a stop to it.

Best regards,

Ed

07/25/2006 04:44 To
          PM ,

cc

Subject
          Sniper Forum Activity

Bill and Ed:

Here is one of the emails that Morris received today in reference to the
          discussion we had on the Sniper Forums. I quote from email.

"Hi Morris,
          It would be my pleasure sir. Did you get my message about the guy on
          Snipers Paradise? He claims to be a intern with Vectronix, asking for
          advise on what snipers want in a rangefinder.

I explained to him that no more than 5% of the members on these sites are
          real world snipers and that the Military snipers are already covered with
          the Vector 21.

He said no he's trying to design a cheaper model for LEO and Military
          like the PLRF? I found this very questionable. I wanted your input on
          it."

The links for the forums follow:

sniper central forums

http://snipersparadise.com/snipercha...p?showforum=37

Please let me know what you decide to do, and we'll do the same.

Best Regards;

Richard

Mr. Richard Hall,
          Vice President Business Development & Special Projects
          Ashbury International Group Inc.
          PO Box 8024
          Charlottesville, VA. 22906-8024
          Tel 434/296-8600 Ext. 113
          Fax 434/296-9260
          Mobile 703/801-8431
          eMail:

This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you
          are not the addressee or authorized to receive this for the addressee, you
          must not use, copy, disclose or take any action based on this message or
          any information herein. If you have received this message in error, please
          advice the sender immediately by reply email and delete this message. Thank
          you for your cooperation.

Reply | Reply All | Forward | Blacklist Sender | Safelist Sender Previous | Next

Folks,
          The long and short of things is Julien, did NOT have permission to do any of this. He was working solely on his own.

Now he was indeed an intern with Vectronix, however the company had no idea of it. Nor did they want any of this to happen.

Over the years Vectronix has always turned to the highly skilled team at Ashbury International Group to advise them as to the needs of the US Snipers.

My concerns were, that a PLRF was recently as of last year taken for a group of Seals in Afgan. I did NOT want him speaking of any of the functions of this device or it's software abilities.

My appologizes for taking up so much bandwidth with this thread.

flea

Comment

My concerns were, that a PLRF was recently as of last year taken for a group of Seals in Afgan. I did NOT want him speaking of any of the functions of this device or it's software abilities.[/b]
            Flea:

That sounds like a pretty good reason to be concerned. Thanks for your vigilance.

James
            "Ever since I was a kid I've had snakes as pets. They're clean and quiet. You give them rodents and they give you pure, unconditional indifference." Carl Hiaasen

"The Constitution is NOT and instrument for the government to restrain the people, it IS an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." - Patrick Henry

"War was always here. Before man was, war waited for him. The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner." ? Cormac McCarthy

Comment

Flea, you consumed no excess bandwidth here and ya know it

I think you and a few others here actually opened some peoples eyes considerably on matters like this, and this should be a learning experience to all of us.

If anyone went and looked or already knew what the vectronix units do there was cause for concern here. If anyone on some of the other boards that the links were posted from are in good standing, I would NOT copy Flea's post over there, just simply let it die off when he doesn't respond.

my .02... for what its worth...
              CelticRaven

-- Poor is the country with no heroes and worse yet, is the country that forgets its heroes.

Plan for what CAN happen, not what HAS happened.
              --CelticRaven

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
              --Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Good lookn' out Flea doing your job even off the clock. I'm am glad I can say I am associated with you Sir.

As for the other members good job on watching the tread until it was all worked out. It almost seemed like team work. And that is why I am here.

Good job all!

David
                "What is the use of living, if it be not to strive for
                nobler causes and to make this muddled world a
                better place for those who will live in it after we
                are gone?"

-Winston Churchill

Comment

Thanks for getting to the bottom of this for us all, Flea.
                  Given your association with Vectronix I knew you could get the real "dope" on what was happening.
                  "Kill evil. It's how quality of life is achieved. Carry on."---Ted Nugent

Comment

Flea,
                    good catch in keeping info where it should be.

Julien,
                    Nice try to be pro active but some times when you run with the "better to beg forgivness then ask permission" theory .... you winde up begging.

riedog

Comment

I hate to be the devil's advocate here, but like Flea said--there are probably fewer than 5% of the membership here that are actual US Military Snipers who already have and use the Vector.

He probably just read/searched the board for a while and discovered the vast majority here are using the Swarovski, Leica 1200, some Bushnell or Nikon pieces of.....etc and knew his company could do much better than those. Maybe he was actually trying to help 95% of the members here by finding out what they needed and wanted?

I agree he could have worded things better (but how many police/SWAT/etc Snipers actually use or could even afford the Vector?) but if he was an intern at my company I may scold him for missing some company policies, etc, but I'd probably hire him in the end. If you're looking to sell to the masses, people wanting to please the masses are valuable.

OK, maybe I'm just a little biased. I've been wishing for years that Leica (before the Vectronix buyout) would pay some attention to the average "precision long range shooter." And give us something between the big Vector and the cheap little Leica Camera Division ones.

I was saddened when the new Geovid came out and it doesn't even range as well as the old one...for all that money. I was hoping at the very least they could put the old Vector 1500 technology in it. Really, there's a big gap between 6K and 1200 yds that could use some filling. I was always hoping the "other division" of Leica would come out with something to fill it or some technology would be shared to the Camera division (they were part of the same company back then). But no, the old Geovid is the best rangefinder Leica has ever made for "Civilian Precision Shooters." Even better than the new ones which are expensive as hell. And they are old tech.

So I recently spent the price range many here had in mind for such a product--$1650 on yet another Newcon. It's not perfect but it will kick the crap out of any Leica or Swarovski. It'll kick the crap out of anything short of a big Vector. But I sure would have liked to have more choices. Competition is what makes the products better and keeps the price reasonable. Vectronix could compete if they felt like it.

I, for one, wish they would.

I do fully understand where Flea was comming from and don't blame him a bit for being a hardass. I'd like to thank him for it, as such diligence is in the best interests of us all. I'm not trying to argue against his very good points in any way. I'm glad he did what he did. All I'm saying is there is a huge civilian hobbiests/pros "that don't have Vectors" group here who are wanting something better. They seem to have been ignored by Vectronix until this silly intern came along....

Comment

Update:
                        I spoke with Julien, in a pm yesterday. I offered to help him in a civilian model of the PLRF. I really believe this is what he was after to begin with. However when I suggested it, I think it got lost in the translation.

Everyone at Ashbury International Group (AIG) has been working hard along side Vectronix to bring the long range shooter here in the US. A LRF that is affordable.

Good news is it's not that far away.

Take care, everyone and thanks for your support, Vern

Comment

WOW!

I havent checked SP for a bit and man what a thread. Wish I could add some, but theirs nothing else to add.
                          Again WOW!
                          Live Long & Prosper
                          To Go Where No Man Has Gone Before.

http://inukshuk.smugmug.com/

Comment

Vern,

Thanks for your work to protect potentially "Sensitive information". It is nice to know y'all are keeping a close eye on posts here. We need to protect our fine people in uniform (LE or Military) as much as possible in these trying times.

As a life long civi....I appreciate new technology(usually derived from military applications) that helps me in my long range shooting hobby, such as LRF's....but never, ever at the expense of someone elses safety. I'm very happy to hear that your company is working with Vectornix to bring a product to the civilian market. This only means good things for the civilian marksman...and I thank you for that.

Take Care,

Wayne

Comment

Posts set to invisible. Thread locked. Moving to archives.
                              "Do the right thing even if it means dying like a dog when no one's there to see you do it." Vice Admiral James Stockdale, NAVY PILOT

"Honor, Integrity, Commitment to core values. When they become abstract concepts or "ideals", all is lost." Me.

"Character is doing the right thing, even when no one is looking." J.C. Watts

"I have never seen a projectile turn in flight and come back at the ship that fired it, I cannot however make that same statement regarding missiles." Me.

Deus lo vult! = "God wills it!"

Comment

Working...
                              X