Harris bipod - which hight ??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harris bipod - which hight ??

I looking to buy a Harris bipod, but which hight am I to choose.. I'm mostly a prone shooter/hunter, and would not use it for other than that.. But is the 6"-9" enough ? or would the 9"-12" do a better job ?? If the i grass or soft ground ect. I'm a slim shooter, I dont carry a lot of weight on the front ;-)

Please give me your thoughts

Tooms

I have found the 6-9 to be just about perfect for bench and prone work. Most of the time it stays at 6" or just a little more (this is all at the range). Now for hunting this may not be the choice for you. I have a second one just for hunting. I believe its a 11"-23" model. This allows me to shoot from the seated position to clear the grass in the area I hunt.

If I were to buy another one I would opt for a swivel model with the notched legs. This would save alot of time setting up the shot.

Comment

I really like the Harris 9-13 LM-S notched leg swivel bipod with a pod-loc added. It gets low, but still will give you enough travel to clear grass, sticks, whatever. Or if you're shooting at extreme angles it's a great tool as well.

HTH.
      "Do the right thing even if it means dying like a dog when no one's there to see you do it." Vice Admiral James Stockdale, NAVY PILOT

"Honor, Integrity, Commitment to core values. When they become abstract concepts or "ideals", all is lost." Me.

"Character is doing the right thing, even when no one is looking." J.C. Watts

"I have never seen a projectile turn in flight and come back at the ship that fired it, I cannot however make that same statement regarding missiles." Me.

Deus lo vult! = "God wills it!"

Comment

+1 To Gunners choice... I bought a swivel 6-9" BRM and while it works great for normal bench shooting it doesn't get you out of the grass and like I discovered at Homecoming... the 9-13 is the way to go for any non-horizontal shooting.

-Blue
        "I work with the customers so the engineers don't have to... I HAVE PEOPLE SKILLS PEOPLE!"

Comment

6-9", swivel base, notched legs.

Have 2 of them.
          Proud member of WTFDTSG Club.

Nice try = you suck spelled different.

Comment

Depends alot on your stature. If your a small person and not big chested, then a 6-9 would probably be right for you. If your a bigger guy and your off the ground a little, then a 9-13 would probably be more your style.
            Also take into consideration what gunner said. Shooting in tall grass or at angles is really hard with a shorter bipod like the 6-9
            In the Jungle, On the hunt, I am The Ghost in the Darkness

Comment

I carry two with me a 9-13 rock creek and an 11-23 Harris for hunting ground hogs. the 9-13 works great for prone shots and i extend the legs to get over grass or strands of wire in the fences. i use the 11-23 for sitting shots or prone shots from the side of a hill shooting across to another hill were you can't get enough elevation with the 9-13.

Comment

If you run a search, you'll find an excellent reply from SpecOpsScout to a similar question.
                "Our country! In her intercourse with foreign nations may she always be in the right; but our country, right or wrong." - Stephen Decatur, Jr.

Comment

Yeah it the 11-23 works great for getting up over high grass and alffalfa, and beans. Just for the record he has been doing a pretty good job on the ground hogs this year. He has more time than I do.
                  John 3:16
                  "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Romans 12:1-2
                  Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God--this is your spiritual act of worship. [2] Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--his good, pleasing and perfect will.

If you find your self in a fair fight, your tactics suck!- Marine 1st Sergeant Jim Ryfinger

Comment

[quote]
                    If you run a search, you'll find an excellent reply from SpecOpsScout to a similar question.[/b]

Beat me to the punch.

Comment

Working...
                    X