Shoe Goo stink?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shoe Goo stink?

Well I just started to put my ghillie suit together and used shoe goo like everyone said to attach the codura to the front, knees and elbows but there seems to be a really bad glue stink even now it's dried for a few days. Is this normal? If not any ideas how to get it out? A bad chemical stink doesn't seem like the best thing to have hovering around you if you're trying to be stealthy.
    Rob

www.teamblaster.net

Hi Rob;

It will go away in time, I think a lot of it has to do with the weather. If humid it stays longer Remember to paint the glue showing, a good many have been busted from doing a good imatation of a pile of broken glass in the weeds eek!

The way to get the "natural" smell to the suit is wear it,never wash it and exposure to the natural elements, raind, dust, swamps ooze..you know all the pleasant rural smells Also do not bring it into the house where cooking odors and that..ugh...clean smell can get into it

Take care...Jim

[ 08-07-2002, 13:47: Message edited by: JY ]
    "A FAMILY THAT STANDS TOGETHER AND FIGHTS TOGETHER STAYS TOGETHER" The combined Dutch Family...

"But I've a rendezvous with Death, at midnight in some flaming town, when spring trips north again this year, and I to my pledge word am true, I shall not fail that rendezvous"

Alan Seeger, KIA Belloy-en-Santerre 4 July 1916, Legion Entrangere, American poet.

Comment

Thanks Jim. I have it hanging outside now and it seems to be disapating a little. There's no shiney showing on the parts I did already but when I sew the net on I will reinforce the stiches with some goo and those I will hit with sdome Krylon camo paint. Thanks for the help.
      Rob

www.teamblaster.net

Comment

Hell, I thought ya'll was talkin' in Chinese.

A long (3-7 days) airing out in the sun should cure it. That usually kills it for me.
        I don't have much experience with it, but I'm a great fan of money. brian

Comment

Thanks Fish. After I have my buddy at work sew up everything tomorrow I will lay it out in the sun. I know shoe goo and then sewing it all the way around the edges of the codura? What can I say I like to over do things.
          Rob

www.teamblaster.net

Comment

Working...
          X