IBA Sniper Shooting Platform

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IBA Sniper Shooting Platform

Has anyone tried and evaluated the Sniper Shooting Platform, which is available from Iron Brigade Armory? What do you think of the product and the idea?

Mike aka DesertDiz would be a good person to talk to about this type of system, lol he may even be the guy building that very piece of gear for IBA... I know myself and others have talked with him on the R&D possibilities of a beavertail added to a pack or ruck with some sort of shooting support added...

Diz is lurking here somewhere, and might comment, but I know he is a$$ deep in cordura and webbing building gear...

Take Care,

'Squatch

Comment

I have also seen the IBA Shooting platform. It looks like a good Idea. I also have seen something like it before. I was shooting with some Marine Reserves and they showed me a new idea they had gotten when they were at the Advance Marine Corp Sniper school. It was a platform that you install on your Buttpack. Of course the Buttpack is installed on your LBE. They made it them self. It is not very pretty but it works. As you know Marine snipers are not taught to shoot from a Bipod. This is a good shooting platform and it is easy to make.
      mildot
      SniperSustainment
      "Learning to function under all types of situations and always maintaining good marksmanship skills is imperative to effective performance with the precision rifle."

SniperSustainment)

Comment

How about saving your money and packing your ruck so that you can lay your rifle between outer pockets for the same effect. This system seems like a little wasted space and weight.
        Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence.

~George Washington

Comment

Hmmmmm....I've seen this before too...oh yeah! ...I wonder if thinkerg ...son of a gun... WOW! it fits, who'da thought wink2 I must be old fashioned, I just can't see all the "required" gucci gear needed to be a sniper today roflmao seems just like the fishing lure business, fancy painted and shiney lures designed to catch...FISHERMEN and their $$$$$$$$$

Oh, well I'm sure there's somebody who just can't live with out an $85.00 imitation ruck...

Take care...Jim
          "A FAMILY THAT STANDS TOGETHER AND FIGHTS TOGETHER STAYS TOGETHER" The combined Dutch Family...

"But I've a rendezvous with Death, at midnight in some flaming town, when spring trips north again this year, and I to my pledge word am true, I shall not fail that rendezvous"

Alan Seeger, KIA Belloy-en-Santerre 4 July 1916, Legion Entrangere, American poet.

Comment

Jim, which pack is that in your photos?

Comment

I'm gonna take a guess and I'm sure Jim will let me know if Im wrong, but I'd guess its the Becker Patrol Pack by Eagle Industries....

Take Care,

'Squatch.......

PS- Excellent packs....worth every penny...

Comment

Hi B.;

'Squatch nailed that one There's a reason for that too, I like the top loader type packs over the current rage for zippered "front loaders"...the zipper jobs remind me of what my daughters had for Barbie doll luggage rolleyes Zippers break, get stuck...then ya break 'em eek Have the possibility of scattering your trash all over the country side at the worse time Plus they leak, they wear , and are noisey...try to sneak a choco pie outta one with out your spotter/partner hearing rolleyes Durn Barbie doll luggage mad

BTW, there's another reason the Eagle Becker is a good deal. Not only does it have a "Sniper's Platform" but if you look at the top photo, there's an added pouch aliced to the lid. That is one of Eagle's FAP's(Foldable Ammo Pouch)when attached there you have 20 rounds of ammo right at your finger tips where you need it for a reload. The two side pockets is where I carry extra "Ruck canteens" also close at hand. I like it for short "field trips" wink

Take care, my friends...Jim
                "A FAMILY THAT STANDS TOGETHER AND FIGHTS TOGETHER STAYS TOGETHER" The combined Dutch Family...

"But I've a rendezvous with Death, at midnight in some flaming town, when spring trips north again this year, and I to my pledge word am true, I shall not fail that rendezvous"

Alan Seeger, KIA Belloy-en-Santerre 4 July 1916, Legion Entrangere, American poet.

Comment

Working...
                X