Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Give an old cat some comments about the new rounds and which would be the best?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Give an old cat some comments about the new rounds and which would be the best?

.300wmg .338 Lapua or 7mm wmg zero at 500 meters
    Forgot to add, left hand twist?
    Last edited by panther308; 02-16-2015, 12:11 PM.

To do what with? Game, target, match?
    "Do the right thing even if it means dying like a dog when no one's there to see you do it." Vice Admiral James Stockdale, NAVY PILOT

"Honor, Integrity, Commitment to core values. When they become abstract concepts or "ideals", all is lost." Me.

"Character is doing the right thing, even when no one is looking." J.C. Watts

"I have never seen a projectile turn in flight and come back at the ship that fired it, I cannot however make that same statement regarding missiles." Me.

Deus lo vult! = "God wills it!"

Comment

checking to see the difference in the left hand twist vr's right hand, figured if I work mental calculator with right hand twist at 500+ meters using left hand twist I would hit farther with a tweak of the scope dials? I know the range just trying to figure out which round would be best to try this exp........ Want to get the most range out of the round and see what kind of new and learn new shooting style.

Those who know well, will be more knowledgeable!!!! " Alexandermaxumus (panther308)"
      Last edited by panther308; 03-16-2015, 09:44 PM.

Comment

At 500yds for most real-world shooting, you're at short range for the .300WinMag and 7mmRemMag, and overkill for the .338 Lapua.

Not sure what you're asking about LH twist, or why you'd want it. Doesn't make a difference if you spin the bullet to the right or left, it will perform the same down range at 500yds. You're talking about spindrift and it is not going to present itself at a range as short as 500yds.
        www.precision-applications.com

It's knowing that when I get up in the morning and my feet hit the floor, the Devil says, "Shit! He's awake!"

Shortly before World War I, the German Kaiser was the guest of the Swiss government to observe military maneuvers. The Kaiser asked a Swiss militiaman: "You are 500,000 and you shoot well, but if we attack with 1,000,000 men what will you do?" The soldier replied: "We will shoot twice and go home."

"There are so many Russians, and our country so small, where will we find room to bury them all?" - anonymous Finnish soldier

Comment

• panther308
          panther308 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thankya bud.

keep your eye's clean.........

Checking to see the difference in the left hand twist vr's right hand?? that works etuicoquesamsung.com www.etuicoquesamsung.com
        Last edited by johana0662; 01-06-2016, 10:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X