Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting double groupings in my 5 shot groups? HELP!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lefty
    I have been loading the same recipe as you in the last couple weeks. My OAL was at 2.84 & 2.85 and I have the same model rifle as you.. I couldnt tell much difference between the 2.

About bedding would it still be a problem if it shot good with factory ammo with one groupers?

I know that Fed GM ammo is measured at I think 2.81. Which I tried to copy that and it was not much good. The only thing here I tried to copy was the OAL.

Factory Fed GM 175's shot super sweet in my VS!I wish I could copy the exact powder brand,Grains so it would be cheaper to shoot them.....

Comment

Oh yeah the 2.84 & 2.85 shot good...

Comment

yoyo

I think that Rob1 has a good idea check your beding and make sure that your barrel is fully floated or no obstructions stuck in there.

vinniedablade
        What you cant see will hurt you

Comment

This is an old thread, and I hope he has found the "problem".

I don't think it is the bedding or the bolt face, or anything at all with the rifle.

He kind of gives the clue in the first or second line of the original post...he used unfired, new, factory brass for testing his grouping ability.

I have found that using cases that have been fireformed in the chamber of the rifle he is shooting for this purpose is much more desirable. Especially if they have only been neck-sized, and then only 1/2 of the neck...
          http://stevespages.com/page8.htm

Comment

sricciardelli:
            I have found that using cases that have been fireformed in the chamber of the rifle he is shooting for this purpose is much more desirable. *Especially if they have only been neck-sized, and then only 1/2 of the neck...[/b]
            So with that logic factory match ammo shouldn't shoot right either because it wasn't fireformed in the rifle? That rifle should shoot fine with non fireformed brass. Mine did but only after the bedding job. Yes fireformed brass usually shoots better than new but new shouldn't throw it off that much.
            Rob

www.teamblaster.net

Comment

Working...
            X