Quotes and Poems
"It is the soldier, not the reporter who has given us the freedom of the press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us the freedom of speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who gives us the freedom to demonstrate. It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag."
The careful application of terror is another form of communication. (unknown)
Anything worth fighting for is worth fighting dirty for. (unknown)
Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate. (unknown)
Suicide is the most sincere form of self criticism. (unknown)
If you see someone smile when everything goes wrong, then they have someone in mind to blame. (unknown
The more you run over a dead cat, the flatter it gets. (unknown)
Never argue with an idiot. They will only drag you down to there level and then beat you with experience. (unknown)
God grant me the serenity to accept the things I can not shoot,
The courage to shoot the things I can,
and the wisdom to hide the bodies. (unknown)
- Some people are only alive because it is against the law to shoot them! (unknown)
- If you kill someone and it makes the world a better place, is it so wrong? (unknown)
- Someone who thinks logically is in contrast to the rest of the world. (unknown)
- The enemy is before me, the enemy is around me, my mission is death, my mission is met. (unknown)
- Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're not out to get you. (unknown)
The 6 P's
Prior Planning Prevents Piss-Poor Performance (Army hand-me-down)
The 7 P's
Prior Planning and Preparation Prevents Piss-Poor Performance
- There is no problem that can not be solved using high explosives.
You might be a little TOO Hooah if...
(from Special Operations.Com)
- Your kids call the sandbox "NTC".
- Your wife has mermites in the China Cabinet.
- Your older kids call the youngest one "Cherry".
- When your wife left you, you had a Change of Command.
- Your wife carries a buttpack instead of a Gucci purse.
- Your kids would rather get SIMNET than Nintendo 64.
- When your family gets together, you call them "Slice Elements".
- You butter your toast with a bayonet.
- If your kids get a wrong answer in school they immediately drop and knock out 20.
- Your personal license plate says "At Ease".
- All of your kids' names begin with "AR".
- Your grandmother won the Week of the Eagles.
- Your POV has your name stenciled on the windshield.
- Anyone using the TV remote control must dispatch it first.
- Your kids are hand receipt holders.
- Your kids practice Drill and Ceremony at recess.
- Your dog's name is "Ranger".
- Your kids pull night guard shifts by the mailbox.
- Your wife has a better high and tight than your commander.
- Your kids sound off with "Airborne" or "Air Assault" every time their left foot hits the ground.
- Your wife won't buy anything unless it has a National Stock Number.
- Your kids have to wax and buff the floor before going to school.
- When your dog died, he got a 21-gun salute at Arlington.
- Your kids call their teachers "REMFs" and the other kids at school "legs."
- Your daughter's dolls wear starched uniforms.
- Your daughter complained that her new Barbie's hair wasn't within regulation and then cut it.
- If your kids fail a test, they get a Letter of Reprimand and an Article 15.
- Your kids salute their grandparents.
- Your kids get an LES with their allowance.
- All your meals at home are MREs.
- Your kids painted their Big Wheels camouflage and stuck bumper numbers on them.
- All your household possessions were issued by CIF.
- Your kids get sent to the "big house" at Leavenworth if they're disrespectful.
- Your kids complain if they can't have gym class five days a week.
- Everyone does six pullups before sitting down at the dinner table.
Ranger Vs Special Forces Organizations
(I first saw this in Germany back in '91. A SF friend had given me a copy, but through the years it got lost. I found this copy at Special Forces.com)
The Chief of Staff of the Army asked his Sergeant Major, who was both Ranger and Special Forces qualified, which organization he would recommend to form a new anti-terrorist unit. The Sergeant Major responded to the General's question with this parable: If there were a hijacked DELTA 747 being held by terrorists along with its passengers and crew and an anti-terrorist unit formed either by the Rangers or the Special Forces was given a Rescue/Recovery Mission; what would you expect to happen?
Forces/Equipment Committed: If the Rangers went in, they would send a Ranger company of 120 men with standard army issue equipment.
Mission Preparation: The Ranger Company First Sergeant would conduct a Hair Cut and boots inspection.
Infiltration Technique: They would insist on double timing, in company formation, wearing their combat equipment, and singing Jody cadence all the way to the site of the hijacked aircraft.
Actions in the Objective Area: Once they arrived, the Ranger company would establish their ORP, put out security elements, conduct a leaders recon, reapply their face cammo, and conduct final preparations for Actions on the OBJ.
Results of Operation: The Rescue/Recovery Operation would be completed within one hour; all of the terrorists and most of the passengers would have been killed, the Rangers would have sustained light casualties and the DELTA 747 probably would be worthless to anyone except a scrap dealer.
Special Forces Option
Forces/Equipment Committed: If Special Forces went in, they would send only a 12 man team (all SF units are divisible by 12 for some arcane historical reason) however, due to the exotic nature of their equipment the SF Team would cost the same amount to deploy as the Ranger Company.
Mission Preparation: The SF Team Sergeant would request relaxed grooming standards for the team.
Infiltration Technique: The team would insist on separate travel orders with Max Per Diem, and each would get to the site of the hijacking by his own means. At least one third of the team would insist on jumping in.
Actions in the Objective Area: Once they arrived , the SF Team would cache their military uniforms, establish a Team Room, use their illegal Team Fund to stock the unauthorized Team Room Bar, check out the situation by talking to the locals, and have a Team Meeting to discuss the merits of the terrorists' cause.
Results of Operation: The Rescue/Recovery Operation would take two weeks to complete and by that time all of the terrorists would have been killed, (and would have left signed confessions); most of the passengers would be ruined psychologically for the remainder of their lives; and all of the women passengers would be pregnant. The DELTA 747 would be essentially unharmed, the team would have taken no casualties but would have used up, lost or stolen all the "high speed" equipment issued to them.
"man or woman, young or old, my sights are steady, and my trigger cold. walk or run, laugh or cry your in my A.O., now you die!" (sent to me by an ex-USMC)
It takes 23 muscles to frown but only 6 to pull the pin out of a grenade (Blind Sniper 2/1/98)
My ex-wife used to say ‘the easiest way to a man’s heart.....right through the chest with a sharp knife’
Smoker’s cough is not caused by smoking cigarettes. It is caused by having to stand outside in the rainy, cold ‘smoking area’ to smoke cigarettes. (Anonymous)
Sometimes I wonder, how would they do that chalk outline thing if you push someone into a tree chipper? (Blind Sniper 2/5/98)
they say our government hates religion, I don’t think it does, remember the federally funded church barbecue in Waco, Texas? (sorry, gotta go the secret service is pounding on the front door....Blind Sniper)
Once, I wept for I had no shoes. Then I came upon a man who had no feet. So I took his shoes. I mean, it’s not like he really needed them, right?
"Superior firepower is a diplomatic option!" (Tim DelGrosso)
"if you love something, set it free....
and if it doesn't return.....hunt it down and kill it!" (A poster and T-shirt)
"send lawyers, guns, and money....
the shit has hit the fan!" (Warren Zevon)
The Silent Soldier
A soldier crawls along a forest floor
A match grade barrel to do his chore
Blending with the woodland scene
He leaves no trace of where he's been
A single task occupies his mind
To the outside world he is blind
One single task, one single goal
Only his mission occupies his soul
He moves into the open grass
The enemy patrol makes a searching pass
although they look, they can not see
the man moving out from a distant tree
One hour, two , three then four
He only moves a few feet more
Zero hour is getting near
He knows his target will soon appear
A single man he has been sent to kill
and on his hands this man's blood will spill
The moment is now, the target's in site
Taking up the first pressure the shoot feels right
One ounce more on the trigger sear
The bullet races away like a high speed spear
It races throw the air with a thunderous crack
There's a fountain of blood as it exits the man's back
The silence is deafening theirs not a single sound
as the shooter removes the case of the single spent round
His task now done he fades back in to the wood
His only trace is a body wear a man once stood.
- The quickest way to change a persons thoughts about a subject, is a 130gr boattale. (Brian Davis 75th Ranger Sniper)
- invisible souls..........leave .308 holes. (USMC)
- A coward dies a thousand deaths, A soldier dies but once
- Only the dead have seen the end of war - Plato
- If the attack is going perfectly, it might be an ambush
- there is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it , never care for anything else thereafter. -Ernest Hemingway
- You will do something stupid everyday of your life. if you cannot find something stupid to do on your own, you will be ordered to do something stupid.
- I was what others did not want to be.I went where others feared to go, and did what others failed to do. I asked nothing from those who gave nothing and reluctantly accepted the thought of eternal
loneliness...should I fail. I have seen the face of terror; felt the
stinging cold of fear; and enjoyed the sweet taste of a moments love.I have cried, pained, and hoped... but most of all, I have lived in times others would say were best forgotten. at least someday, I will be able to say that I was proud of what I was...a soldier.
- Freedom is never so dear until you almost give your life in it's
- While invisible I see and destroy
- To those mourned of the black stone, and to those who grieve before it. silence makes no mistakes pain is an illusion of the senses, despair is an illusion of the mind. glorious, glorious, one keg of beer for the four of us, we're as happy as can be, my comrades and me, for we are members of the infantry!
- A little revolution, now and then, is a healthy thing
- Assumption is the mother of all fuck-ups
They that have the power to hurt, and will do none,
That do not do the thing, they mostly show
Who moving others, are themselves as stone,
Unmoved, cold, and to temptation slow;
They rightly do inherit heaven's graces,
And husband riches from expense,
They are lords and owners of their faces,
Others but stewards of there excellence:
The summer's flower is to the summer sweet,
Thought to itself, it only lives and die,
But if that flower were based with infectious meet,
The basest weed, out-braves his dignity;
For sweetest things turns sourest by their deeds,
Lilies that fester, smell far worse than weeds
LAWS OF COMBAT
1. You are not a Superman
2. If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid
3. When in doubt, empty your magazine
4. Never share a foxhole with anyone braver than you
5. Never draw fire, it irritates everyone around you
6. Never forget that your weapon was made by the lowest bidder
7. If your attack is going really well, it's an ambush
8. No plan survives the first contact intact
9. Don't look conspicuous - it draws fire (This is why aircraft carriers
are called "bomb magnets")
10. If you can't remember, the claymore is pointed toward you
11. Try to look unimportant - they may be low on ammo
12. All five second grenade fuses will burn down in three seconds
13. If you are forward of your position, the artillery will fall short
14. The enemy diversion you are ignoring is the main attack
15. Recoilless rifles -aren't
16. Suppressive fire - won't
17. Friendly fire - isn't
18. If the enemy is in range, SO ARE YOU!
19. The important things are always simple
20. The simple things are always hard
21. The easy way is always mined
22. If you are short of everything except enemy, you are in combat
23. When you have secured an area, don't forget to tell the enemy
24. Anything you do can get you shot, including doing nothing
25. Teamwork is essential, it gives them other people to shoot at
26. Make it too tough for the enemy to get in and you can't get out
27. Incoming fire has the right of way
28. No combat-ready unit has ever passed inspection
29. No inspection-ready unit has ever passed combat
30. Ambushes never draw the enemy, NDPs do
31. Tracers work both ways
32. Beer math is: two beers times 37 men equals 49 cases
33. Body count math is: two guerrillas plus one portable plus two pigs equals
37 enemy killed in
34. The only thing more accurate than incoming enemy fire is incoming
35. If you take more than your fair share of objectives, you will have more
fair share of objectives to take (precedent generates expectations)
36. Radios will fail as soon as you need fire support desperately
37. When both sides are convinced that they are about to lose, they're both
38. All-weather air support does not work in bad weather
39. The bursting radius of a hand-grenade is always one foot greater than
your jumping range
40. The only terrain you actually control is the terrain covered by your two
41. Man-portable designated equipment never says how many men
42. The law of the bayonet says the man with the bullet wins
43. REMFs are everywhere
44. Precision bombing is normally accurate within plus or minus one mile
45. Professional soldiers are predictable, but the world is full of amateurs
46. The best tank killer is another tank; therefore, tanks are always
fighting each other and have no
time to fight the war
47. Murphy was a grunt
- MAY WAR BE THE ONLY SEPARATION
- A SOLDIERS TOUCH IS A DEADLY ONE
- COURAGE IS ONLY FEAR THAT HAS SAID ITS PRAYERS
- Life is the leading cause of death, anything else is a contributing factor. (YME)
- With or without you I will succeed...The only thing lost is time and profit. (YME)
- The human body cannot go where the mind has not yet been, if only by an instant. (Aussie Dig)
- Learn from those who have gone before; teach those who come after. The Roman Empire did not create a prosper and come to be feared by having meetings and doing paperwork; they did this by killing all who opposed them
A sucking chest wound is nature's way of saying that your cam & concealment is not up to scratch...
The Roman Empire did not create a prosper and come to be feared by having meetings and doing paperwork; they did this by killing all who opposed them (unknown)
Hello, it's me again, dvir caspy, I want to give you
some quotes and will be very grateful if you will put
my name with them.
If I have English problems, please correct them.
-Your friends are very important to your survival,
they give the enemy someone else to shoot on.
-The problem with finding the easiest way, is that the
enemy already booby trapped it.
-It's easy to predict professionals, the amateurs are
the dangerous ones.
-If you're progress is smooth and good, you're probably
getting into an ambush.
-There is no one battle plan who actually survived the battle.
Yours, Dvir Caspy. (Hawk).
A2S, - Adjust To Survive.
If you don't have time to do it right, will you have time to do it again?
(Scott W. Munro, Sgt.)
two lines you should never cross...the horizontal and the vertical
I lay sweat dripping from summer heat
Yet I wait and watch them while they eat;
The wait is over, their meal is done.
I watch their movement, the wind, the sun.
Slow, steady pressure,
I aim, I squeeze;
Pause for a moment, a passing breeze.
My crosshairs steady,
My trigger cold,
I feel the recoil and watch him fold.
They begin to scream and open fire,
Bodies twist in razor wire.
The mission accomplished,
I grab my gear.
I'll clean my rifle in the rear.
-anonymous Marine Scout-Sniper
Warriors always have great debates about the merits of the weapons they
carry. It doesn't matter though because it comes down to this-----
Caliber, actions, ammo capacity are for naught.
It doesn't matter what gun you brought,
'cause it's the only gun you got.
So when the battles going to to start,
The solution is to shoot them first,
and shoot them allot!
(anonymous Dept of Justice)
"Eagerness for combat is an asset for a soldier, dangerous for a commander, and criminal for a politician."
- The Misty Motto
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and
degraded state of moral and patriotic feelings, which thinks that nothing
is worth war, is much worse.
A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight; nothing he cares
about more than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no
chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men
(John Stewart Mill)
- If I die and go to Heaven and someone I hate ends up in Heaven, than am I really in Heaven?" (R)
- If you can run a 6-minute mile, ya got 4 minutes. GO!! (Mike Hoeft 7th ID LRSD Sniper Team Leader)
- We dig the foxholes - and die in. (unknown German Feldwebel of WW I.)
- "Morte certa, Hora incerta" (Translation = Dead is certain, just the hour is unknown.)
- He choose to be out of grace, where obedience brought no honor.
- The Guards die, and don't surrender.
- Learning by pain, motivation by horror. (Motto of the German infantry)
(I'd be proud, if you'd display this (partly anonymous) quotes. I'm a German mountain infantry, so my English is almost gibberish. I'd ask you to correct it. I were glad, if you'd mention my name: Thomas Hahn.)
- No man who refuses to bear arms in defense of his nation can give a sound reason why he should be allowed to live in a free country" T. Roosevelt sent by CL Hiatt ll
- "Facimus et Frangimus".....(We make and we break)
- "Time spent in recon is seldom wasted..."
- "If there's time to get it wrong, there is sure as hell time to get it right." (sent in by Jody E.)
The only thing I feel when I kill is the recoil from my rifle. (Michael H. Tactical Response Unit Sniper)
- "Still if you will not fight for the right when you can easily win without bloodshed, if you will not fight when your victory will be sure and not so costly, you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all of the odds against you and only a precious chance for survival. There may be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no chance of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." ( Winston Churchill sent by CO1911)
- Where there is peace - there once was blood (Kane)
- One Vision - One Purpose, The Technology of peace (Kane)
the answer to your question is yes.....
if we have taught you how not to be seen and they saw you, you will most probably die...and yes if you die we will be mildly displeased, and yes we will re-mark your test scores as a fail.... (drpepper (quote from Australian Army Instructor)
I WILL PERSIST
I will persist until I succeed. I was not delivered unto this world in defeat, nor does failure course in my veins.
I am not a sheep waiting to be prodded by my shepherd, I am a lion and I refuse to walk, to talk, to sleep with the sheep.
I will hear not those who weep and complain, for their disease is contagious. Let them join the sheep.
The slaughterhouse of failure is not my destiny.
I will persist until I succeed.
The prizes of life are at the end of each journey not near the beginning, and it is not given unto me to know how many steps are necessary in order to reach my goal.
Failure I may still encounter at the thousandth step, yet success hides behind the next bend in the road.
Never will I know how close it lies unless I take another step. If that is of no avail I will take another and yet another.
In truth one step at a time is not that difficult.
Of all the creatures who live on God's green earth,
of all those that spawn, lay eggs or that give birth,
from the human, the lion, the tiger or even the bear,
there is one thing that all God's creatures share.
They will all move away from the sound of the gun.
There is but one that will move toward it and not run.
That one, that singular creature, wears a human face.
He brings both misery and joy to the human race.
So who is the one who goes toward the sound of the gun?
When all other creatures, man or beast, turn and run?
It is the warrior, that's who! And he's like no other creature.
No, no other creature on the face of the earth bears that feature.
But there are two kinds of warriors, the good and the bad.
Two kinds of warriors that make us happy or sad.
At a distance, you may think that both kinds look alike.
But inside, the warriors are as different as day and night.
To one, it's an opportunity to take advantage or to subject.
To the other, it's a feeling of duty. It's a need to protect.
Yes, the two kinds of warriors are different throughout.
It's the wolf and the sheepdog that I'm talking about.
The majority of people are kind, no harm would they bring.
They are good people who always try to do the right thing.
They are as the sheep in the field, going about their daily lives,
trying to better themselves and others as opportunities arise.
The wolf roams the edges of the field, feeding on the sheep.
When he catches one not looking,he sinks his teeth in deep.
He rips and tears their life apart, causing mayhem and disaster,
not caring about the pain he brings or the pain he will leave thereafter.
He looks for the old, the lame or the weak, before moving in to make his
He'll run in packs, no honor has he, his soul is ugly, his thinking ill.
The wolf, a pirate and predator, is feared by everyone who roams the field.
All except for the sheepdog who tries to keep order and carries a shield.
The sheep seldom think about the sheepdog, their lives busy with other things.
But they like knowing that he's there, they like the security he brings.
His duty is to protect the sheep and fight the wolf, even to the loss of his
And he prays God will understand his inner scars that came from all the
So when next you see a police motorcade for yet another fallen sheepdog
go by, say a prayer for those that follow him, they'll all have a tear in
Protecting the sheep and fighting the wolves is a duty the sheepdog feels
in his heart.
May he rest in God's grace, in a heavenly place, may his memory never
Officer Samuel Jeppsen
Inspired by Lt. Col. Dave Grossman, and the three most recent valley
killed in the line of duty.
Officer James Snedigar #312, Officer Goelet Beuf #6896, Officer Skip Fink
Dedicated to the men and women who risk their lives in Law Enforcement,
and to the family and friends they leave behind
- If war is the answer, then the question must have been stupid
- People sleep peaceably in their beds at night because rough men are willing to do violence on their behalf. (George Orwell)
- How fast can you repent
- Against the machinations of your enemies you can take defense,
but against the stupidity of fools, the very gods themselves fight in
vain (Johann C.F. Von Schiller)
- One man can change the world with a bullet in the right place (Malcom McDowell from the movie IF...)
- If your in a fair fight, Your tactics suck! (Barry S.)
- The quickest way to get killed in battle is to face the objective head on with only one thought in your head: victory. The quickest way to win a battle...is to do the same damn thing (PVV)
- Many times in battle, one might lose their mind, their life, their soul. What makes them soldiers is that they entered into combat knowing the price they might pay, and choosing to enter into it anyway (PVV)
- Bolt Actions speak louder than words. (Jayson AKA SAVOIE 6)
- Sniping is poetry in slow motion, up in till u pull the trigger. (Jayson AKA SAVOIE 6)
- One man's fate comes from another man's wait. (CMM)
- Ask not what men think of war, said the Judge. War endures. As well ask
men what they think of stone. Before man was, war waited for him. The
ultimate trade awaiting the ultimate practitioner. Cormac McCarthy
- I am use to being thought a monster, to be struggled against. That doesn't
bother me. I am a combatant. When one is a revolutionary one needs to accept
the idea of bestowing death and receiving it. To kill or be killed is the
simplest thing in the world. - Renato Curcio
- WHAT YOU CANNOT SEE YOU IMAGINE AND WHAT YOU IMAGINE IS FAR WORSE THAN WHAT ACTUALLY EXISTS (British Royal Marines Sniper)
- A sadist kills for pleasure, a mercenary kills for money, a marine kills for both. (frank Definia)
- Peace and love makes the world go round, War prevents it from going round too fast.
- The sniper is the worst romancer, they never make the first move.
- The Sniper who does not wish to spare a target cannot become truly strong.
- I am a sniper...
I am not a part of the world...
But merely observe it through my crosshair...
I live by the shadows and die by the shadows...
I am always distant from everything else...
I am fearful by strength...
Invincible by distance...
Being a sniper is the worst thing to be...
Only hell can cleanse what we do.
- "Untutored courage is useless in the face of educated bullets."
--General George Patton
- You can't out run death forever, but you can make the bastard work for it. ( ~WOLF~)
- "The smart enemy hits you exactly where you think youre safe." (The Movie Pearl Harbor)
- Valor is of no service,
chance rules all,
and the bravest often fall
by the hands of cowards. (Tacitus- Roman Historian)
It is not the critic who counts, not the one who points out how the strong man stumbled or how the doer of deeds might have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred with sweat and dust and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again, who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spends himself in a
worthy cause; who if he wins, knows the triumph of high achievement; who, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat. (from Marine Sniper by Charles Henderson.
I Stand Alone
I Stand Alone
Against the darkness of night,
My finger on the trigger
Prepared for the fight.
I did not choose
The time nor place,
And until now
I've never seen his face.
Twas not my choice
to stop this strife,
To be the one
To take his life.
And yet it seems
It was my call,
To stand on the wall.
Someone had to...
So I Stand Alone
Yet surrounded by friends,
Who like me bear the burden
Of defending freedom till the end....
-Steven P. Prince
Most stop when they begin to tire. Good men go until they think they are going to collapse, but the very best know that the mind tires before the body, and pushes themselves further and further....beyond all limits. Only when all of these limits have been shattered, can the unattainable be reached! (USMC)
It's better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees.
US Ranger Rules for Gunfighting
1. Bring a gun. Preferably, bring at least two guns. Bring all of your friends
who have guns.
2. Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is
3. Only hits count. The only thing worse than a miss is a slow miss.
4. If your shooting stance is good, you're probably not moving fast enough nor
using cover correctly.
5. Move away from your attacker. Distance is your friend. (Lateral) and
diagonal movement are preferred.)
6. If you can choose what to bring to a gunfight, bring a long gun and a friend
with a long gun.
7. In ten years nobody will remember the details of caliber, stance, or
tactics. They will only remember who lived.
8. If you are not shooting, you should be communicating, reloading, and running.
9. Accuracy is relative: most combat shooting standards will be more dependent
on "pucker factor" than the inherent accuracy of the gun.
10. Use a gun that works EVERY TIME. "All skill is in vain when an Angel pisses
in the flintlock of your musket."
11. Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to
beat you to death with it because it is empty.
12. Always cheat; always win. The only unfair fight is the one you lose.
13. Have a plan.
14. Have a back-up plan, because the first one won't work.
15. Use cover or concealment as much as possible. The visible target should be
in FRONT of your gun.
16. Flank your adversary when possible. Protect yours.
17. Don't drop your guard.
18. Always tactical load and threat scan 360 degrees.
19. Watch their hands. Hands kill. (In God we trust. Everyone else, keep your
hands where I can see them).
20. Decide to be aggressive ENOUGH, quickly ENOUGH.
21. The faster you finish the fight, the less shot you will get.
22. Be polite. Be professional. But have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
23. Be courteous to everyone, friendly to no one.
24. Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to
avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
25. Do not attend a gunfight with a handgun, the caliber of which does not
start with a "4".
Navy Rules for Gunfighting
1. Adopt an aggressive offshore posture
2. Maintain a strong Combat Air Patrol over the fleet
3. Send the Marines
4. Drink Coffee
Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds - Albert Einstein
Listen or your lips will keep you deaf - American Indian Proverb
The ones people call crazy for trying to change the world are the ones that do - Anonymous
As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another - Proverbs 27.17
It's not paranoia if it keeps you alive
A Purple Heart just proves that you were smart enough to think of a plan,
stupid enough to try it, and lucky enough to survive.
Once the pin is pulled, Mr. Grenade is not our friend.
Whenever you have plenty of ammo, you never miss. Whenever you are low on ammo, you can't hit the broad side of a barn.
Whenever you drop your equipment in a fire-fight, your ammo and grenades always fall the farthest away, and your canteen always lands at your feet.
It is generally inadvisable to eject directly over the area you just bombed.
Life is hard...its harder when you're stupid
If its stupid but it works...it isn't stupid
Deny everything...admit nothing...make counter accusations!
Learn it right and you'll do it right the rest of your life. Learn it wrong and spend the rest of your life trying to get it right
For those who want to win there is never enough time to train.
Aggressively seek any knowledge which will assure mission accomplishment and make you a survivor and a winner.
"Sometimes I think war is God's way of teaching us geography." - Paul Rodriguez
"A slipping gear could let your M203 grenade launcher fire when you least expect it. That would make you quite unpopular in what's left of your unit." (Army's magazine of preventive maintenance.)
Cluster bombing from B-52s is very, very accurate. The bombs always hit the ground. (US Air Force)
If your attack is going too well, you have walked into an ambush. (Infantry Journal)
Never tell the Platoon Sergeant you have nothing to do. (Unknown Marine Recruit)
Don't draw fire; it irritates the people around you.
If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly. (David Hackworth)
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.