"It is the soldier, not the reporter who has given us the freedom of the press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us the freedom of speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who gives us the freedom to demonstrate. It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag."
- Don't try to run. You'll only die tired! (SF)
- The careful application of terror is another form of communication. (unknown)
- Anything worth fighting for is worth fighting dirty for. (unknown)
- Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate. (unknown)
- Suicide is the most sincere form of self criticism. (unknown)
- If you see someone smile when everything goes wrong, then they have someone in mind to blame. (unknown
- The more you run over a dead cat, the flatter it gets. (unknown)
- Never argue with an idiot. They will only drag you down to there level and then beat you with experience. (unknown)
God grant me the serenity to accept the things I can not shoot,
The courage to shoot the things I can,
and the wisdom to hide the bodies. (unknown)
- Some people are only alive because it is against the law to shoot them! (unknown)
- If you kill someone and it makes the world a better place, is it so wrong? (unknown)
- Someone who thinks logically is in contrast to the rest of the world. (unknown)
- The enemy is before me, the enemy is around me, my mission is death, my mission is met. (unknown)
- Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're not out to get you. (unknown)
The 6 P's
Prior Planning Prevents Piss-Poor Performance (Army hand-me-down)
The 7 P's
Prior Planning and Preparation Prevents Piss-Poor Performance
- There is no problem that can not be solved using high explosives.
You might be a little TOO Hooah if...
(from Special Operations.Com)
- Your kids call the sandbox "NTC".
- Your wife has mermites in the China Cabinet.
- Your older kids call the youngest one "Cherry".
- When your wife left you, you had a Change of Command.
- Your wife carries a buttpack instead of a Gucci purse.
- Your kids would rather get SIMNET than Nintendo 64.
- When your family gets together, you call them "Slice Elements".
- You butter your toast with a bayonet.
- If your kids get a wrong answer in school they immediately drop and knock out 20.
- Your personal license plate says "At Ease".
- All of your kids' names begin with "AR".
- Your grandmother won the Week of the Eagles.
- Your POV has your name stenciled on the windshield.
- Anyone using the TV remote control must dispatch it first.
- Your kids are hand receipt holders.
- Your kids practice Drill and Ceremony at recess.
- Your dog's name is "Ranger".
- Your kids pull night guard shifts by the mailbox.
- Your wife has a better high and tight than your commander.
- Your kids sound off with "Airborne" or "Air Assault" every time their left foot hits the ground.
- Your wife won't buy anything unless it has a National Stock Number.
- Your kids have to wax and buff the floor before going to school.
- When your dog died, he got a 21-gun salute at Arlington.
- Your kids call their teachers "REMFs" and the other kids at school "legs."
- Your daughter's dolls wear starched uniforms.
- Your daughter complained that her new Barbie's hair wasn't within regulation and then cut it.
- If your kids fail a test, they get a Letter of Reprimand and an Article 15.
- Your kids salute their grandparents.
- Your kids get an LES with their allowance.
- All your meals at home are MREs.
- Your kids painted their Big Wheels camouflage and stuck bumper numbers on them.
- All your household possessions were issued by CIF.
- Your kids get sent to the "big house" at Leavenworth if they're disrespectful.
- Your kids complain if they can't have gym class five days a week.
- Everyone does six pullups before sitting down at the dinner table.
Ranger Vs Special Forces Organizations
(I first saw this in Germany back in '91. A SF friend had given me a copy, but through the years it got lost. I found this copy at Special Forces.com)
The Chief of Staff of the Army asked his Sergeant Major, who was both Ranger and Special Forces qualified, which organization he would recommend to form a new anti-terrorist unit. The Sergeant Major responded to the General's question with this parable: If there were a hijacked DELTA 747 being held by terrorists along with its passengers and crew and an anti-terrorist unit formed either by the Rangers or the Special Forces was given a Rescue/Recovery Mission; what would you expect to happen?
Forces/Equipment Committed: If the Rangers went in, they would send a Ranger company of 120 men with standard army issue equipment.
Mission Preparation: The Ranger Company First Sergeant would conduct a Hair Cut and boots inspection.
Infiltration Technique: They would insist on double timing, in company formation, wearing their combat equipment, and singing Jody cadence all the way to the site of the hijacked aircraft.
Actions in the Objective Area: Once they arrived, the Ranger company would establish their ORP, put out security elements, conduct a leaders recon, reapply their face cammo, and conduct final preparations for Actions on the OBJ.
Results of Operation: The Rescue/Recovery Operation would be completed within one hour; all of the terrorists and most of the passengers would have been killed, the Rangers would have sustained light casualties and the DELTA 747 probably would be worthless to anyone except a scrap dealer.
Special Forces Option
Forces/Equipment Committed: If Special Forces went in, they would send only a 12 man team (all SF units are divisible by 12 for some arcane historical reason) however, due to the exotic nature of their equipment the SF Team would cost the same amount to deploy as the Ranger Company.
Mission Preparation: The SF Team Sergeant would request relaxed grooming standards for the team.
Infiltration Technique: The team would insist on separate travel orders with Max Per Diem, and each would get to the site of the hijacking by his own means. At least one third of the team would insist on jumping in.
Actions in the Objective Area: Once they arrived , the SF Team would cache their military uniforms, establish a Team Room, use their illegal Team Fund to stock the unauthorized Team Room Bar, check out the situation by talking to the locals, and have a Team Meeting to discuss the merits of the terrorists' cause.
Results of Operation: The Rescue/Recovery Operation would take two weeks to complete and by that time all of the terrorists would have been killed, (and would have left signed confessions); most of the passengers would be ruined psychologically for the remainder of their lives; and all of the women passengers would be pregnant. The DELTA 747 would be essentially unharmed, the team would have taken no casualties but would have used up, lost or stolen all the "high speed" equipment issued to them.